Our client is searching for a strong Network Engineer to join their team fulltime in Tigard, Oregon. This person should be an expert in troubleshooting complex hardware and software issues. They should also approach problems no one has yet encountered, with a solution-oriented mindset and a track record of success. It is important that they have in-depth experience in designing, configuring, and maintaining TCP/IP networks and devices. They should also have experience in routing, switching, security, and Wi-Fi from various vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, Palo Alto, Ruckus, etc. It is also necessary to have in-depth experience in operating systems such as Windows, Windows Server, VMware ESXi & Linux.
Responsibilities of Network Engineer:
- Involves working hands-on to develop products with a tight-knit, cross-functional engineering team
- Develop solutions to enable compute and communications functions in tactical/man-portable form factors that were previously only possible in the datacenter.
- Integration, test and troubleshooting hardware, software and networking for the client's products
- Develop and implement procedures for configuration and testing of systems
- Produce and support integrated systems for Marketing, Sales, and End Customers
- Ability to write and create documents and procedures for internal and external users
- Responsible for quality levels maintained in products
- Performance requires physical attendance
Requirements of Network Engineer:
- 5+ years in network or systems engineering in a production environment
- Ability to present complex technology to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with PC hardware and troubleshooting
- Hands-On experience with IP networking and networking devices (Switches, Routers, Firewalls, etc.)
- Experience configuring and managing Cisco routers, switches, and/or firewalls required
- Cisco CCNA or ability to attain CCNA required
- Cisco CCNP strongly desired
- Experience with multiple network equipment vendors (Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Aruba, Ruckus, etc.) strongly desired
- Experience configuring Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPNs
- Experience with VMware vSphere (ESXi)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience with Linux
- Familiarity with storage technologies such as NAS/SAN, iSCSI, CIFS, NFS, etc.
- Experience with network management applications such as SolarWinds, SNMPc, Nagios, etc. is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent professional that can perform job assignment with limited supervision
- Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds of test equipment at least 40 feet
- Must be able to self-organize workloads and manage all deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail and quality orientation a must
** We are unable to accommodate corp to corp candidates **
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.