User Experience Design Lead
User Experience Design Lead
Our client, an educational nonprofit based in the Pacific Northwest is seeking an experienced User Experience Design Lead to join their team. Candidates may work remotely from any location within the United States. If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Background & Experience Required of the User Experience Design Lead:
- This UX lead should be coming from a designer/senior designer background. They have hands on experience and have matured into a leader/advocate for their team and the user experience design.
- Looking for someone to navigate ambiguity and working cross-functionally.
- Software: Envision, Sketch, and Sigma
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Human Factors, Information Design, Web Design, or related field is preferred but experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience documenting and creating delightful solutions to meet client business requirements and objectives.
- Practical knowledge in developing products or systems, or comparable education.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience leading teams of designers.
- Advanced knowledge of accessibility and accommodation requirements related to user interface development preferred.
- Design Agency and/or Freelance Backgrounds may be helpful in the role.
- Experience building products for diverse audiences, including conducting research with people from historically underrepresented communities and/or people with accessibility needs.
Responsibilities of the User Experience Design Lead:
- Lead design strategy efforts within a cross-functional team to collaboratively prioritize initiatives. This includes planning, facilitation, analysis, and execution of design.
- Proactively seek out user feedback through interviews, observations, focus groups, and surveys to determine the long-term needs of the humans using our products and services.
- Facilitate workshops and design sprints with SMEs and stakeholders to align teams and ideate solutions.
- Bring insights to life as conceptual designs, user journeys, service design blueprints, prototypes, etc.
- Collaborate on product and service roadmap projects.
- Document the ROI of design through research and analysis to provide the product or service with the best experience while aligning to our overall business objectives. Define the quantitative key performance indicators that provide a clear picture of the experience of our users.
- Provide mental models for others to understand the implicit attitudes, behaviors and motivations of our users.
- Implement and evolve the Design System quality standards and guidelines in collaboration with the design team.
- Understand the intersection of design thinking, agile, lean, and systems thinking; explain these concepts to others, and teach new concepts when necessary.
- Teach and facilitate design principles throughout the organization and mentor more junior UX designers.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
AP ($105k-$115k ) / BH 10119