Sr. Technical Accounting Analyst
Added Mar 31st, 2022Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
- Assists with the Company’s research and documentation of technical accounting positions. Demonstrates technical writing abilities in preparation of concise internal memorandums and analyses and determination of implications of new accounting pronouncements.
- Supports the preparation of external reporting documents to the SEC, including drafting, change control management, and final filing of the Forms 10-Q and 10-K, as well as other compliance filing requirements.
- Coordinates with multiple sources to obtain and review necessary disclosure support.
Internal Control Responsibilities
- Maintains current knowledge of internal control changes and be involved with refinement of internal control processes.
- Encourages the reporting and remediation of control violations.
- Utilizes best practices, benchmarks, and metrics to improve the organization.
- Assists with research and documentation of technical accounting matters and new accounting pronouncements.
- Prepares timely, accurate and complete external filings to the SEC in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations including drafting, change control management, and final filing of the Forms 10-Q and 10-K, as well as other compliance filing requirements, using dedicated external reporting applications.
- Develops and maintains enhanced knowledge of dedicated external reporting application and research tools.
- Compiles information to support the financial statements, notes, and MD&A.
- Assists with preparation of other external reporting documents.
- Assists with review of supporting materials to be used for the quarterly earnings releases and like documents.
- Interacts with corporate finance, the divisional accounting groups, and other company personnel to gain an understanding of the business and build efficiency in financial reporting.
- Interfaces with external auditors and SEC reporting outside service providers.
- Participates in the design and implementation of controls in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Maintains current knowledge of internal control changes and refine internal control process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or other related area.
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting and experience in the preparation/review of financial statements and accompanying footnotes and disclosures.
- CPA desired.
- At least three years of experience in public accounting, or in industry with exposure to preparation or review of periodic SEC filings in compliance with SEC rules and regulations.
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Strong attention to detail and analytical/problem-solving skills.
Job ID: 10242