Our client, a global leader in metal recycling and manufacturing, is looking for an experienced Data Modeler to join their growing team. The Data Modeler plays a key role in the enterprise; they are responsible for developing the data models, they work with the solution architects to transform business information into models by engaging with the business users and soliciting their requirements, and iteratively refine the conceptual, logical, and physical data models. Currently, our client has eight BI developers collectively contributing to a single function. This Data Modeler position has been created to take on the project for themselves to allow the BI developers focus on developing ETL and Reports, this is essential in building a quality Datawarehouse.
If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities of the Data Modeler:
- Develop data models, work with solutions architects
- Engage with business users and solicit their requirements
- Iteratively refine the conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Maintain the metadata of the enterprise, this metadata can be used for several purposes, primary purpose of this can be for self-service/adhoc reporting.
Skills and Experience Required of the Data Modeler
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Modeler
- Experience using various Data Modelling tools such as Erwin, Power Designer
- Experience creating, updating and maintain ERD’s and Star Schema models (with snowflaking) with over 1,000 entities and maintaining all metadata (definitions, cardinalities, ordinalities, relationships, etc)
- Work closely with the Solution Architects in Modeling Datawarehouse schemas and tables
- Advanced knowledge in modeling Entities, Attribute types, Cardinality, Relationships, ER Notations, Normalization and Denormalization techniques, etc
- Experience with SQL Server, Oracle Analysis Services and DBA experience are pluses
- Work with visual analytical tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, OBIEE) is good to have
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.