This Senior Accountant will be responsible for providing support to Accounting and Finance management to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate financial and administrative operations. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated to deliver on accounting excellence and committed to working in an independent and efficient manner, while handling a variety of accounting functions and ad-hoc projects. This person will perform accounting related tasks of a challenging nature that require experienced, professional knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
Position is primarily remote, only requiring two days in office in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
Key Responsibilities for Senior Accountant:
- Assist with the daily, monthly, and year-end operations of the accounting department
- Perform technical accounting research and draft related position papers
- Prepare annual audited financial statements and reporting
- Interpret and reconcile accounting data, perform analysis, produce management reports, and recommend action to be taken
- Manage and assist with month-end closing processes, including journal entries, ledger maintenance, analysis, and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Drive improvements and efficiencies in accounting systems, procedures, and controls
- Be a backup for other accounting functions as needed
- Ad-hoc accounting projects as assigned
Requirements/Qualifications for Senior Accountant:
- 4 plus years of related experience
- ?Strong IFRS and GAAP knowledge necessary, CPA preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system preferred
- Knowledge of revenue recognition preferred
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Public accounting experience preferred
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.