Our client is seeking an Accounting Specialist that will work closely with their Finance Team, which consists of the Director of Finance and Accountant. The role will maintain organizational internal controls, accounting policies, and procedures, and organizational mission, vision, and values.
The Accounting Specialist will provide data entry support to ensure accurate reporting on the financial status of the agency. The Director of Finance will develop, oversee, and review the work performed in this position. This position is primarily responsible for the entry of accounts payable (AP), cash receipts, and other accounting/data entry transactions, and provides backup support for payroll and HR benefits functions.
Key Responsibilities for Accounting Specialist:
- Perform full-cycle AP processing.
- Schedule and prepare check runs with authorized signers.
- Apply postage and deliver checks to the post office.
- File documents for efficient retrieval.
- Prepare monthly credit card reconciliation reports and distribute them to cardholders.
- Communicate with staff to ensure complete and accurate documentation to back up transactions.
- Prepare ACH payments for approvals and enter invoices into Financial Edge.
- Process monthly employee reimbursements.
- Resolve invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensure credit is received for outstanding memos. Request stop-payments to be processed.
- File vendor contracts, request W-9 forms and verify business registration.
- Process cash receipts and other accounting/data entry transactions into the general ledger.
- Prepare ACH and bank deposits. Deliver deposits to the bank on a weekly basis.
- Maintain various tracking and reconciliation reports in Excel.
- Support in payroll processing including timecard review.
- Prepare benefits reconciliation worksheets in Excel for review and enter benefits invoices.
- Enter bank interest, fees, and one-time checks into the bank register.
- Support in the annual audit.
- Provide phone coverage for the finance department and relay messages to the team.
- Comply with policies and guidelines, as well as state and federal rules
- Build relationships with departments outside of the Finance Team.
- Performs essential functions upholding TPN in positive light and Institutional values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participation in Shared Leadership (≥5% of your time)
- Be a champion in the shaping and sustaining of a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and just workplace, with a focus towards creating racial equity.
- Participate on cross-departmental teams or committees regarding organizational policies, processes, and work environment
- Participate in Temporary Teams, Equity Team, Employee Resource Groups, and other teams
- Contribute individualized skills, knowledge, experience, and expertise to help the agency reach its mission
Requirements/Qualifications for Accounting Specialist:
- 1 year of experience in ?nance, accounting, and/or bookkeeping
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Core computer skills in word processing, database management and spreadsheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to correspond and work respectfully with diverse teams
- Working knowledge of various accounting systems including Financial Edge, preferred
- Working knowledge of payroll systems, such as Paylocity, preferred
- Experience in non-pro?t accounting, preferred
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.