Our client, a local nonprofit organization focused on elevating education worldwide, is looking for a Software Engineer for their Portland, OR location. In this role, you will work with the Software Engineering team in the district division on the reliability and accuracy of the systems and data used within the computerized testing and reporting applications. You will focus on developing data models and frontend data visualizations (Google Looker, AWS) supported by production cloud data pipelines and data warehouse platforms (Snowflake, etc.) and data engineering tools (dbt, FiveTran, Informatica, etc.). You love data consistency, accuracy and integrity and are passionate about user-centered front-end design. If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Salary Range: $110,000/ year
Location: Portland, OR
Remote: Fully remote
Contract Duration: Direct Hire, Full Time
Key Responsibilities for Software Engineer:
- The Software Engineer will focus on helping build high quality reliable, accurate, consistent, and architecturally sounds systems that are aligned with our data business needs. They may be called upon to fulfill functions related to software development that are not specifically software programming, such as requirements gathering, producing documentation, quality assurance testing and leading feature development.
Requirements/Qualifications for Software Engineer:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years progressive experience in software development
- Proven experience having designed one or more major components of an application, preferably of a software product.
- Experience working across multiple tiers of an application, including a database, network, operating system, and containers.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with cloud technologies and an emphasis on AWS
- Experience working in an AGILE environment
- (Optional) Experience working with Snowflake or Looker
Client Perks: Total Rewards Program
- Our client offers a Total Reward Program with numerous perks
- Comprehensive Health plan and Benefit Pay
- Supportive Wellness Programs
- Industry leading retirement contributions. Contributes 15% of eligible employee’s base salary to a defined-contribution 403(b) retirement saving plans
- Rich PTO plan
- Career Development & Education Program
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
LF / BH 10413