Financial Analyst 2 (10521)
Financial Analyst 2
Our client, a leading Pacific Northwest utility provider committed to public service and environmental preservation, is looking for a Financial Analyst 2 for their Vancouver, WA. location. In this role you will serve as the financial analyst for their transmission capital and expense programs. This will include providing financial analysis and forecasting of capital, expense, and reimbursable programs to validate compliance. You will utilize your expertise and knowledge to support projects and programs to the best of your ability. If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
This position is a one-year contract with the opportunity to renew on an annual basis, employee benefits are also included!
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Responsibilities of Financial Analyst:
- Perform financial analysis and provide recommendations based on Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and A-123 guidelines.
- Develop and maintain internal project analysis policies, processes, and procedures.
- Perform work order completion analysis based on the interpretation of FERC, GAAP, internal audit and A-123 guidelines.
- Close collaboration and coordination with the PM to properly assign FERC codes to major and minor assets and to accurately retire assets, ending depreciation.
- Provide clear, presentable financial reporting data to a variety of stakeholders, such as Finance, Internal/external Auditors, Project Managers and Management, based on target dates set for monthly and yearly financial closing activities.
- Research, identify, track and process monthly accruals, reversals, and re-accruals.
- Recommend appropriate financial action, based on defined Office of Management Budget (OMB) A-123 policies, financial rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Prepare analysis of past and present financial operations to estimate future expenditures in support of forecasts, estimates and other ad hoc analysis monthly.
- Analysis of program costs and identify errors, recommend the appropriate corrective action, and monitor until corrections have been completed.
- Work closely with Project/Program Manager(s) responsible for capital and expense programs by researching, forecasting, analyzing, extracting, tracking, reviewing, completing, and consolidating costs vs. estimates for major projects.
- Conduct data analysis and reporting for one or more of the following End of Year and Start of Year Reporting, Quarterly Business Review, Integrated Program Review, Lease Finance Program, Finance Committee Executive Management, Finance, Management Assertion, Target Tracking, Capital Investment Acquisition.
- Conduct ongoing financial training to update Project Managers and/or Performance Managers in workflow, methodologies and technologies related to agency and Transmission needs.
- Identify gaps and process improvements for various financial activities and subjects.
- Create spreadsheets, graphs and PowerPoint presentations used to illustrate financial data when requested.
- Maintain repository of financial records.
- Maintain filing system(s), files, emails, and records in accordance with compliance requirements.
- Validate official financial records are accurately maintained for auditing purposes.
Requirements of Financial Analyst:
- BA of Science Degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Accounting, Business Mathematics or a closely related technical field is preferred.
- 5+ years direct work experience in a financial analysis capacity, including all aspects of project support/analysis is required.
- 3 years of financial forecasting experience
- 3 years working knowledge of automated data systems
- 3 years’ experience running queries, generating reports to support management, troubleshooting, and resolving issues in an automated environment.
- 3 years’ experience researching data anomalies, evaluating information gathered (sometimes from multiple sources) and reconciling data conflicts.
- 3 years’ experience applying a diversified knowledge of analysis principles and practices.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
PB / 10420