Sr. Payroll Specialist
Senior Payroll Specialist
Our client, a leading global solutions company, is looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist who will own the timely and accurate processing of their growing domestic payroll. The successful candidate is organized, flexible and has excellent attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Key Responsibilities for Senior Payroll Specialist:
- Assist in full cycle payroll operations related to employee compensation, bonuses, benefits, new hires, terminations etc.
- Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of effective payroll processes, policies, and internal controls
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters, facilitate management and employee understanding of payroll procedures
- Ensure compliance with all payroll tax laws and consistently up to date on guidance for taxation of salaries and benefits in various states
Requirements/Qualifications for Senior Payroll Specialist:
- 5+ years’ experience in payroll for 500+ employee companies across multiple states
- Advanced ADP Workforce Now Experience required; Workday experience a plus
- Knowledge of payroll administration, controls, governance, and accounting best practices with established network for keeping current
- Outstanding communication skills, written/verbal, and the ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Superb organizational and prioritization skills with an unparalleled attention to detail
- Flexible and can thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Medium to Advanced Excel skills
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification a plus
- Experience with a total HRIS is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.