The Financial Analyst reports directly to the Finance Manager. The FA supports the Finance Department by assisting with financial analysis, consolidating and organizing budgets and forecasts and performing financial projects as they arise. The FA position involves the application of analytical skills to generate support for senior management and review of the division’s financial performance. The position also involves the application of accounting principles, modeling and analysis to solve practical everyday problems.
This position operates within somewhat flexible parameters. The primary goal of this position is to achieve excellence in all facets of the position. Providing the highest quality product safely, effectively and efficiently decreases accidents and errors and increase profits.
- Assists in the support of the financial planning and forecasting process as well as interacting proactively with the regional operational staff and business partners to consolidate and provide reporting to senior management.
- Works with Finance group to continually look at improvements to the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Assists in maintaining and further development of Hyperion, reporting through Hyperion and Excel models used in the budgeting and forecasting processes and reporting.
- Assists in working with regional operations to improve their reporting, budgeting and forecasting processes to ensure smooth consolidations and reporting.
- Performs ad-hoc analyses to support senior management and operations.
- Provides assistance in the preparation of presentation materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- years of experience in financial analyst role or professional accounting
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work and cooperate with others to complete projects
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, comfortable with multi-tasking and juggling multi priorities
- Experience with an ERP financial system (Oracle and Hyperion) preferred
- Experience with Oracle BI and Power BI preferred