Our client, a local nonprofit organization focused on elevating education worldwide, is looking for a Product Owner for their Portland, OR location. In this role, you’ll be working with an amazing team of high-performing Product Owners helping to support our client’s industry-leading products and helping to accelerate the delivery of innovation across the enterprise. The Product Owner we’re looking to hire will be helping to continue the transformation into a cloud-first, microservices-based development environment with solid DevSecOps practices and robust security and data quality management. If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Salary Range: $125,000/ yr. annually
Location: Portland, OR
Remote: Yes, 100%
Contract Duration: Direct Hire
Key Responsibilities for Product Owner:
- Fulfill the role of a Product Owner (different than a Product Manager) within a Scaled Agile Framework on all sizes of initiatives.
- Lead and facilitate the work of Agile teams by working with stakeholders to clarify epic delivery objectives.
- Create Program Increment, Sprint, and Release plans; ensure that plans receive an appropriate review, authorization, and visibility through Agile stakeholder communication.
- Ownership and strong stewardship of agile team(s) backlog, story definitions, and refinement; including rank order across competing priorities (roadmap, maintenance, and defects, etc…)
- Be an advocate and voice across the enterprise for agile development team(s).
- Track project/team interdependencies and coordinate efforts across disparate teams with other Product Owners or stakeholders.
- Timely approval of stories to ensure quality control at the team level and to ensure technical and functional integrity of our products.
- Track and forecast project progress, activity, and effort; communicate effectively through multiple channels to sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Continuous and early assessment of project risk factors and recommendation of courses of action to mitigate risk.
Requirements/Qualifications for Product Owner:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or similar discipline required; MBA or other advanced degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum three years of practical delivery experience within Agile project management with demonstrated results leading an agile team.
- Strong preference for experience in the technology industry.
- Project management process experience including project prioritization, estimating, project planning, scheduling, risk, and issue management.
- Experience in vendor relations and contract negotiations for program/project outsourced services and products desired.
- Scrum Certified Product Owner desired; experience with creation of project portfolio management tools and design of dynamic, data-driven web applications highly desirable.
- Experience in scrum and/or Kanban processes and protocols, a must; proven foundational knowledge of standard project management best practices, a must.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to successfully manage and facilitate functional and/or cross-functional teams.
- Well-developed communication skills, including proven ability to transform complexities into clear, concise written communications for stakeholders and development teams.
- Ability to distinguish milestones and measures critical to project success.
- Ability to balance competing demands for project scope, time, cost, risk, and quality; combined with the ability to manage several projects concurrently with a sense for organizational priority.
- Experience in successfully, respectfully, and logically negotiating with stakeholders.
- Ability to track at the detail level and some experience strategizing for product vision and planning several steps ahead.
- Proficiency in a broad range of agile project management and roadmap tools such as Jira, Target Process, and Aha.
- Must be able to perform the physical and intellectual requirements of the role.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
LF / BH #10457 & 10458