Release Lead and Open CI/CD Owner
Release Lead and Open CI/CD Owner
Our client, a community-led non-profit consortium fostering and democratizing innovation in software-defined programmable networks, is seeking a Release Lead and Open CI/CD Owner. This is a direct hire position and is fully remote, although candidates must live in the United States. Our client is willing to sponsor H1B candidates.
The Release Lead and Open Ci/CD Owner will work with the community to help foster consumption, participation and contributions to the ONF’s open-source projects. You will also coordinate and help assimilate project contributions from the community and run a live production CI/CD toolchain that is integrating and testing the projects to foster continuous improvement. You’ll own and be responsible for the infrastructure and tooling for the open-source projects (software, and associated hardware labs).
If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Key Responsibilities for Release Lead and Open Ci/CD Owner:
Inbound Release Management:
- Coordinate and help assimilate project contributions from the community
- Work with project community leadership teams on release planning
- Organize and attend calls, understand goals for upcoming releases
- Coordinate regularly cadence of meetings, documenting and publishing outcomes
- Coordinate integration of contributions into CI/CD pipeline and into releases
- Work with community to ensure unit test coverage is provided with new contributions, and integrate these tests into the CI pipeline
- Help with code reviews for incoming contributions (coordinating with the community to ensure reviewers approve code contributions), forwarding and tracking review requests in the appropriate channels or individuals as appropriate
- Coordinate with community when tests start to fail and bug fixes are needed, soliciting timely fixes from code owners
- Coordinate with community labs (where hardware for CI/CD is installed) as updates or manual intervention is required
- Help document releases, ensuring releases are easy to consume
- Helping to foster consumption, participation and contributions to projects
- Assist new community members wanting to experiment with the project, either in a test environment or ultimately in a production environment
- Help connect community members to resources to they can help themselves when deploying or when trying to address issues
- Communicate updates to the community
- Help create and promote a welcoming, collaborative, passionate environment
- Share responsibility for the operational infrastructure, cloud systems, and on-prem equipment installed in community labs.
Requirements/Qualifications Release Lead and Open CI/CD Owner:
- 3+ years of CI/CD toolchain development and operational experience.
- individuals with an interest and aptitude for working with the community (extraverted personality a plus).
- Bachelor's / Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Systems.
- Must be a self-starter and a good team collaborator.
- Experience participating in open-source software projects.
- Experience with mobile, cloud or datacenter networking.
- Good written communication skills, with the ability and inclination to both create and follow detailed technical instructions.
- Experience Managing system lifecycles, upgrades and long-term planning.
- The ability to take a whole-system approach to problem solving and planning.
- The ability to understand the technical facets of a task or program and why the design works the way it does, what dependencies it has, and can envision scenarios about how failure could occur from both internal and external causes, then propose and implement mitigation strategies.
- Networking experience from the physical layer (Ethernet, WiFi) up through IP and services running on top of it like DNS, DHCP, and HTTP.
- VPN, routing and internetworking experience.
- Experience managing Google Workspace (Apps), Gmail, Google Docs.
- Experience with the Atlassian software suite (Jira, Confluence, Crowd).
- Experience with using source code management (git) and code review platforms (Gerrit, Github).
- Unix/Linux experience at a systems administration level, with extra importance given to experience in automation of system configuration, mass deployment, and fleet management.
- Experience with using containers (Docker) and container management/job orchestration platforms (Kubernetes).
- Experience leveraging CI tools (Jenkins) and automation and CD tools (Ansible, Terraform) to test and deploy software and systems with high feature velocity.
- Development skill primarily in scripting languages (bash, python), with some familiarity with compiled languages (java, go, C++)
- Understanding of security technologies such as public key encryption, as it applies to websites, SSH, and the signing of artifacts.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.