The Financial Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining analysis and reporting around gross margin for branded categories of our client’s products. Primary focus of this role will be to evaluate on-going category performance and profitability. The resulting analysis and reporting will be used to recommend pricing, trade or cost strategies aimed at growing profitability of our branded categories. The actionable analysis will include product level, or Category level forecasting as well as actual gross margin versus budget, with insights into variance drivers. Tasks may also include mapping and documenting current processes for planning, executing, and accounting for gross margin. Working closely with Financial Planning & Analysis and Sales leadership will assist with developing an optimized promotional calendar across all customers, categories, and markets.
Key Responsibilities for Financial Analyst:
- Provides specific, actionable, and forward-looking analysis and commentary on changes in monthly/quarterly category financials for actual vs. budget/forecast results
- Coordinates monthly reviews with Category Management Team with a focus on composing detailed monthly analysis & distribution to category leaders or Executive Team (as needed)
- Partners with Category Management team to create comprehensive analysis for product specific strategies and profitability (P&L / Business Analysis)
- Perform annual budget calculations related to gross margin of branded products
- Develops and maintains a financial model to track and evaluate performance of category level forecasts
- Provides insights and recommendations for optimizing product pricing strategies
- Works with category team to develop stage gate presentations for new product development that add value to portfolio
- Provides monthly forecasts by category for entry into corporate financial forecast
- Develops and maintain analysis and reporting of actual gross margin versus budget/forecast and provide insight on variance drivers
- May work with accounting on monthly reconciliation of actual versus forecasted spend
- Utilizes a computer with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Outlook. Advanced Excel skills and strong system skills are required. ERP system database skills are a plus.
- Acts as a strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines and lead by example
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to express key points in a clear manner
- Demonstrates excellent time-management skills with the ability to work with minimal direction when necessary to support the group’s objectives,
- Possesses excellent organizational and analytical skills
Requirements/Qualifications for Financial Analyst:
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration with an emphasis on accounting/finance is required; an MBA is a plus
- 2-3 years of experience in financial analysis and planning is required.
- Consumer Packaged Goods experience is preferred; grocery or other retail experience is a plus.
- Experience within a manufacturing organization is a plus.
- Experience working with and evaluating IRI data, Nielsen data or other syndicated data analysis is preferred.
- ERP and systems experience is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft D365, Power BI, Adaptive Insights is a plus.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
JB / BH 10552