Duration: Direct Hire
Our client, a global leader in recycling metals, is seeking an ETL Developer to join their growing team. The ETL Developer is responsible for helping design solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with their mission-critical data applications and how these applications perform. This individual will have a passion for design, a strong appreciation for data-centric design and automation, a love of technology and excellent communication. If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Qualifications for ETL Developer:
- College degree in computer science/technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience with ETL, Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, and working with large-scale datasets
- 5+ years of experience in SQL database development, with an emphasis on data warehouse methodologies and technologies
- 5+ years of experience in an industry standard ETL tool such as Informatica, DataStage, SSIS, preferably Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Knowledge of Data Engineering and the respective tools and technologies (e.g., Apache Spark, Databricks, Python, SQL DB, NoSQL DB, Data Lake concepts)
- Excellent follow through and initiative, and ability to complete tasks accurately and on-time.
- Strong verbal and writing skills, and the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff alike
ETL Developer Responsibilities:
- Supports departments in the use of their data and development of insights and interoperability by providing expert knowledge in data analytics and/or data integration.
- Work with data owners to determine, develop and support data analytical products.
- Creating data pipelines, data flows and complex data transformations and manipulations using data integration tools
- Design, develop, test, document, deploy, monitor, and support data pipelines
- Be accountable for Production Issues by working alongside data engineering team members
- Experience writing data pipelines to ingest data into and out of data lakes
- Assist in developing best practices for deploying, monitoring, and scaling data pipelines in the cloud.
- Identify requirements for ingestion, transformation, and storage of data.
- Design and implement optimal and scalable data pipelines.
- Use cloud tools to integrate data from multiple data sources into the data lake and design and implement ways to expose it.
- Identify opportunities for automation and optimization of data pipelines and re-design of data architecture and infrastructure for great scalability and optimal delivery.
- Implement cloud/ data infrastructure required to extract, transform, and load data from multiple sources.
- Experience in SQL optimization and performance tuning, and development experience in programming languages like Python, PySpark, Scala etc.)
- Experience with either one the major cloud platforms and cloud data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift or Synapse
- Monitor the performance of new and existing data integration services to ensure appropriate performance, to correct errors, to isolate areas for improvement, and for general debugging.
- Critically analyze test results to correctly align development efforts with problem areas.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications, as they relate to the data warehouse and other data integration services.
- Provide accurate time estimates and status reports to project management as required
- Work with database administrators, network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to help resolve problems with ETL and data integration service applications.
- Consistently work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
AP / BH 10599 ($125k-$150k)