Performance Test Engineer
Performance Test Engineer
Our client, a local nonprofit organization focused on elevating education worldwide, is looking for a Performance Test Engineer for their Portland, OR location. In this role, you will develop, configure, run the load & stress tests, collect scalability & performance data while analyzing results, and then publish test results and troubleshoot failures occurring during the tests and recommends system configuration and tuning improvements based on observations made during the load tests. If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Pay Rate: $65 / Hour
Remote: Yes, 100%
Contract Duration: 12 months with possible extension opportunity. **We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
Key Responsibilities for Performance Test Engineer:
- Analyze the current state of the application and infrastructure, designing appropriate solutions and working with teams to implement them
- Review each entire application stack and execute initiatives to reduce failures, defects, and issues with the overall performance
- Review code base and make recommendations for improving performance
- Maintain performance analysis tools and identify any negative changes to performance and work with the teams to resolve them
- Design, develop and execute automated tests to validate solutions and environments
- Maintain and extend the load test framework including all programs and scripts that prep environments, create data sets, consolidate results, and clean up after load tests.
- Assist product teams to develop and maintain load test scripts and packages
- Assist product teams in constructing meaningful, well thought out load test workload models
- Work with product teams to move performance testing earlier in the development process.
- Execute Load/Performance Tests that integrate workloads from multiple teams
- Perform analysis of performance test results
- Take initiative to advance the quality, performance, or scalability of our applications, by influencing the architecture or design of our products
- Collaborate with project architects and project lead developers to prove the validity of new software technologies
Requirements for Performance Test Engineer:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in one or more of the following: Software QA Engineering, Software Development, or Linux System Engineering.
- 2+ years creating performance tests with Jmeter, CloudTest or LoadRunner, or similar tools.
- Demonstrated experience planning, developing, and collaborating on load test frameworks with one or more of the following: Python, PERL, Java, C++.
- Strong database knowledge preferably PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Understanding of Internet protocols and programming, including HTTP, session management, and HTML.
- Experience, preferably extensive experience working in a Linux/UNIX-based environment.
- Familiarity with networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, firewalls, routing) a plus
- Experience identifying and measuring bottlenecks in multi-tier enterprise applications running on Linux platforms
- Experience in fault-tolerant system design
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
LF / BH #10599