Accounts Payable Assistant Manager
Accounts Payable Assistant Manager
Our client, a leading full truck and trailer dealership, is seeking an Accounts Payable Assistant Manager. The Accounts Payable Assistant Manager is responsible for Full-Cycle Accounts Payable processing including examining, verifying, and reconciling a variety of transactions while reinforcing training and providing guidance to the AP Team. In partnership with the AP Manager, the AP Assistant Manager will drive expectations for the purpose of accurate and timely AP processing and developing and implementing policies and procedures for AP functions. This role will also serve as an escalation depot for more intricate, sensitive, and visible problem resolutions.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $88,000
Status: Direct Hire
Location: On-Site (Portland, OR)
Key Responsibilities for AP Assistant Manager:
- Provide clear guidance, instruction, and direction to AP team members to achieve a key result or group of aligned results in a high volume setting by striving to exceed vendor, internal, and external customer expectations.
- Drive month-end close procedures, including but not limited to; scorecard status update and follow-up, escalations, utility/facility account reconciliations and review, preparing journal entries, and preparation of assisting with department metrics as it relates to volume, successes, and areas of improvement.
- Monthly maintenance, reconciliation, and processing of rent and lease agreement payments and schedules.
- Maintain system administrator duties for Corporate Card functions, such as creating new users, maintaining new users, assisting users with corporate card issues, etc.
- Assume and maintain ownership of auditing payment processes to include review of weekly check run, review of on demand checks processed, and review of wire transmissions.
- Continuously manage and improve outstanding invoice aging based on system reporting and monthly statement reconciliations.
- Investigate unauthorized invoices and credits to recover imbalances.
- Assist with annual Tax compliance, including W9 and 1099 processing and filing as it pertains to vendors and purchase history.
- Maintain current department technical knowledge by remaining up to date on how to execute tasks in all areas of the department including but not limited to; data entry, on demand check requests and voids, rent schedules and payments, employee reimbursement, utilities invoices, payments, and reversals.
- Solid knowledge of Best Practice AP processes
- Excellent detail orientation, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to solve problems requiring mathematical and systematic operations (For example, must be able to post entries that may not have been submitted with all required information)
Requirements/Qualifications for AP Assistant Manager
- Minimum five years of previous experience in a high-volume Accounts Payable Department completing 3-way match and PO driven purchasing
- 2 years of experience managing an AP Team (preferably 7 to 10 people)
- Solid understanding of GAAP, regulatory standards, and compliance requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build positive relationships in person and through phone/electronic communication with all levels of employees and management
- 2+ years of experience working in manual environment
- Experience analyzing, identifying, recommending, and executing solutions based on sound data
- Strong skills in MS Office (must have Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills) and all required systems.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.