Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Pay Rate: $65 / Hour
Remote: Yes, 100%
Contract Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
Key Responsibilities for Senior QA Engineer:
- Create test plans and test strategies using project requirements and coordinate their review
- Design, implement and maintain test automation infrastructure in collaboration with the agile team to provide measurable test coverage
- Provide reports on the progress of test development and test execution
- Support and advise internal teams on the principles of data quality and how data quality can be analyzed and measured across systems
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality in data pipeline
- Collaborate with quality engineers to resolve software defects, advise on building test automation and capture data quality metrics
- Collaborate with project architects and assist team members to prove the validity of new software technologies
Education and Experience Requirements for Senior QA Engineer:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in one or more of the following: Software QA Engineering, Software Development, or Linux System Engineering.
- 2+ years creating performance tests with Jmeter, CloudTest or LoadRunner, or similar tools.
- Demonstrated experience planning, developing, and collaborating on load test frameworks with one or more of the following: Python, PERL, Java, C++.
- Strong database knowledge preferably PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Understanding of Internet protocols and programming, including HTTP, session management, and HTML.
- Experience, preferably extensive experience working in a Linux/UNIX-based environment.
- Familiarity with networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, firewalls, routing) a plus
- Experience identifying and measuring bottlenecks in multi-tier enterprise applications running on Linux platforms
- Experience in fault-tolerant system design
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
PD / BH #10696