Senior Systems Analyst
Sr. Systems Analyst
Our client, a Portland community partner working to chart the course for the future, is seeking a Sr Systems Analyst to provide advanced support for their computing systems and networks. This senior role will be responsible for planning, maintaining, troubleshooting, optimizing and documenting IT systems within our client’s sites. This includes desktops, servers, networks, connectivity devices, IT security systems and various systems such as enterprise e-mail and web hosting. This position will work with a wide audience of stakeholders and collaborate on a variety of projects which support our client’s vision and values. This position works supports our client’s internal departments and venues with operations in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington Counties, and will be on a contract-to-hire basis.
If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Pay Range: $41 - $55 / Hour
Responsibilities of Sr Systems Analyst:
- Provide architectural planning of projects, programs and technologies that cover the broad range of IT infrastructure from desktop to network to servers to information services.
- Act as the senior incident and trouble ticket coordinator to pull together a subset of the team to solve the more complex incidents and problems. Coordinate staff resources to meet the ebb and flow of work requests and trouble tickets.
- Act as liaison coordinator between the two distinct sub teams of desktop and server/network teams.
- Document procedures, configurations, network outages and network topology. Report status and informs staff and key stakeholders.
- Act as project lead for technical efforts that are limited in duration.
- Remain aware of leading technological trends; provide transfer of knowledge, provides cross-training and trains users in complex topics.
- Identify system enhancements that will support the organization’s business objectives. Work with professional staff to analyze current system, define goals and determine benefits of proposed system.
- Research alternative solutions for old/new services, failures, replacements, or upgrades.
- Make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks; has responsibility for purchase justification.
- Monitor system performance and reliability. Identify and corrects any emergency problems. Analyze potential improvements to the system. Modify systems to increase performance based on system and capacity analysis.
- This role is a mixture of system administrator, project manager, lead for systems team, and liaison for stakeholders.
- Responsible for day-to-day escalation, troubleshooting, general questions about tasks.
Requirements of Sr Systems Analyst:
- Bachelor's Degree AND
- Five years of related professional experience; OR
- Any combination of experience and education that provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability required to perform the job.
- Advanced knowledge of design, best practices, configuration, installation, and support of:
- Microsoft platforms
- Cisco network and Unified Communications platforms, or equivalent
- Enterprise networking and security
- Enterprise and cloud computing solutions
- Enterprise virtualization
- Enterprise storage and backup platforms
- Expert knowledge of principals, best practices, and procedures for trouble-shooting and diagnostic testing of email, server, storage, Internet, intranet network and operating systems.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
AP / BH 10836