Our client a fully integrated energy company, providing sustainable energy solutions to customers across the Pacific Northwest, is looking for a General Accountant. This position will be responsible for a wide range of general accounting activities, both routine and of a special project nature, ensuring accuracy in accounting and compliance with the law. Primary duties include producing financial transactions and analyses, preparing, analyzing, and interpreting reports and records. This candidate will need to have a strong, confident, and working knowledge of accounting principles and practices, possess strong problem-solving skills, be extremely detail-oriented, quick to learn, work independently as well as work closely with others within the Finance team. This position will be spent working remote but on occasion required to be in office.
Payrate: $28.00-$35.00 DOE
Location: Portland, OR. (Remote)
Contract: Ending November of 2023, with possibility of extension.
Key Responsibilities of General Accountant:
- Process accounts payable invoices, identifying and resolving any discrepancies, ensuring timely payment of obligations, and working with program directors and managers to ensure approvals and accurate coding.
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable Specialist and Accounts Payable Accountant to provide backup and seamless execution of related tasks.
- Coordinate with Payroll Administrator to assist with bi-weekly payroll as needed and requested.
- Review timesheets and payroll changes, and process payroll.
- Maintain journals and payroll reports.
- Maintain complete and accurate payroll files and records.
- Critically review and analyze federal, state, and local changes that may affect payroll and benefits and implement changes and systems as needed.
- Perform month-end close activities including journal entries, allocations, analyzing and reconciling balance sheet accounts to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Prepare documentation and audit schedules for external auditors.
- Understand the purpose and methodology behind the accounting ensuring inaccuracies can be identified and corrected promptly.
- Document workflows and maintain up to date desk-level procedures as part of the internal control system.
- Provide ad hoc reporting to support internal and Program Management Contractor staff when needed.
- Collaborate with peers in the Finance department to achieve team objectives.
- Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
Requirements of General Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or equivalent educational experience, preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience.
- Experience in financial month-end and year-end closing is required.
- Strong knowledge of the following software applications or their equivalents: Microsoft Office including Teams and SharePoint.
- Experience with Great Plains preferred.
- Experience writing and documenting business processes.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a proficient, multi-talented and multi-tasking accounting professional who is able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Must provide strong customer service experience oriented towards providing support to a diverse workforce or customer base.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
PB / BH #10988