Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Our client, a leading full-service truck and trailer dealership recognized for continually advancing industry standards, is looking for a Sr Business Intelligence Analyst for their Portland, OR location. In this role, you will build out KPIs, business intelligence platform and data landscape. The ideal candidate will have a natural curiosity about solving problems and identifying the right metrics to measure the business, combined with a desire to help leaders make great data-driven decisions. If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Pay Range: $137,000 / Year
Location: Portland, OR
Direct Hire: Full Time Employee
Key Responsibilities for Sr Business Intelligence Analyst:
- Communicator: Effectively communicate in a concise, clear, and results-oriented fashion to both technical and non-technical internal customers and teammates. Actively listens and adapts behavior based on relevant context to have productive dialogue. Use tactful, direct feedback to identify issues and propose solutions. Able to receive constructive feedback and use it to refine work.
- Business acumen: Gain understanding of data requests and customer needs from a variety of unique business units that have multiple systems of record into automated KPIs and metric reports.
- Project management: Create requirement documents that are unambiguous, complete, consistent, auditable, clearly understandable, and meet the business and technical needs of the project. Lead project meetings, offer insights and obtain consensus among stakeholders. Track status of projects using team project management software. Ultimately deliver projects on time, on budget, to standard, and with high quality and commitment to accuracy.
- Data mastery: Develop detailed knowledge of data and processes in order to construct and manage data stores that provide meaningful business insights with clear documentation. Identify, research, and resolve complex issues surrounding data integrity. Our team takes ownership of understanding the data, becoming subject matter experts.
- Data wrangling: Perform data preparation, data transformation and validation with incomplete and hard to use data sets by thoroughly understanding current state, proposing short-term and long-term solutions to build insightful reports while resolving technical and process issues.
- Data visualization: Analyze large datasets to discover trends, patterns, and actionable insights. Translate complex information into automated, meaningful, appealing, easy-to-understand, and consumable reports that maintain simplicity and accuracy.
- BI solution provider: Implement and support BI solutions by monitoring, tuning queries, and data loads, addressing customer questions regarding data integrity, monitoring performance, and communicating functional and technical design features and issues. Be an asset to internal customers’ questions and needs.
- Excellence in execution: Follow “best practice” around accuracy, data standards, BI reports/visualizations, business analysis, user acceptance testing (UAT), change control, implementation readiness, user adoption (communication, training, rollout plans), etc.
- Leading: Mentor junior team members by actively modeling and training others in best practices of development, communication, project management, documentation, and commitment to quality and accuracy.
Requirements/Qualifications for Sr Business Intelligence Analyst:
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business, or specialized training/certification or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in Business Intelligence or Analytics related roles
- 4+ years of experience using Business Intelligence platforms such as PowerBI, Looker and Tableau
- 4+ years of experience with data analysis, data warehouses, report construction, and cleaning datasets
- 4+ years of experience writing SQL queries and ETL
- Expert in use of Business Intelligence platforms to build automated data sets and dashboards for operational and executive reporting (such as Power BI, Looker and Tableau)
- Expert with report automation, business intelligence, documentation, requirements gathering, data governance and quality control
- Strong working knowledge and experience in SQL (we use MS SQL Server)
- Advanced knowledge in data preparation, and data transformation (ETL & Modeling), preferably PowerQuery
- Expert analytic and diagnostic skills applied to high volumes of data for multiple purposes in a dynamic environment
- Experience with project management methodology and tools (we use Jira)
- Proficient with Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup, etc.) and MS Suite
- Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to understand information quickly (investigative logic/creativity), derive insight, ask incisive questions, identify root causes, propose solutions
- Business acumen, defined in part as understanding key business functions, processes, and drivers, and how they relate to each other and affect revenue and profit
- Strong ability to act in the face of imperfection, find the good-enough, with resolve to move projects forward
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to communicate (written, verbal, formally, and informally), at all levels, technical information to non-technical audiences
- Adept at managing self to a high standard of work, including excellent attention to accuracy, in a changing environment
- Ability to coach analysts, helping them improve their skills
- A desire to learn, and develop with new technologies and methods
- Ability to effectively manage your work, understanding how to prioritize, and clearly communicate to your customer and personal resource needs
- Skilled at expressing divergent opinions in a constructive and engaging manner, and resolving problems effectively to move work forward
- Experience working through CRM migration
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.