Executive Assistant and Office Manager
Executive Assistant and Office Manager
Black Business Association of Oregon
Job Location: in-office at BBA-Oregon headquarters
Compensation: $60,000 - $70,000
Motus Recruiting and Staffing is proud to partner with the Black Business Association of Oregon in its search for an Executive Assistant and Office Manager.
ABOUT BLACK BUSINESS ASSOCIATION OF OREGON:
The Black Business Association of Oregon (“BBA-Oregon”) is a newly founded organization aimed at advocating and promoting the successful development of Black-owned businesses. It is focused on improving economic equity across Oregon’s communities of color.
For more information on BBA-Oregon, visit https://bbaoregon.org/
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT AND OFFICE MANAGER:
- Serve as key liaison between Executive Director (ED) and key internal and external partners, clients, institutions, and other stakeholders, providing excellent customer service
- Responsible for meticulous calendar management, including planning meetings, coordinating recurring check-ins and communicating with multiple parties to schedule events
- Provide high level operational and administrative support to ED as needed
- Manage internal communication and prioritization, including organizing and filtering email and messaging, flagging, and managing action items and tasks, and holding key players accountable to priorities
- Offer Executive Director (ED) comprehensive preparation for meetings and check-ins, which includes developing agendas, sending timely reminders about content and action items, and diligently tracking follow-up tasks
- Complete invoicing, expense reports, reimbursements and travel arrangements for individuals and groups
- Assist in managing the organization’s budgets
- Manage additional professional and personal projects for ED as needed
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES TO SUPPORT THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- Oversee board and committee meeting calendars
- Organize all logistics for board and committee meetings
- Maintain and distribute board related documents, e.g., bylaws, manuals, minutes, rosters, etc.
- Oversee all communications to board members concerning meetings, events, gatherings, and other pertinent information
- Handle the scheduling and coordination of meetings, including securing appropriate locations and catering services
- Record meeting minutes and distribute them to the board after each meeting
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR OFFICE OPERATIONS:
- Maintain general office functions, including office supply inventory and ordering, performing regular office rounds to ensure office machines are in order
- Oversee office storage and file maintenance, including coordination of computer folders and organization of supplies and storage
- Support agency’s technological needs, including system oversight, vendor management and troubleshooting
- Keeper of the office cell phone
- Implement and maintain systems to ensure office remains tidy and organized, coordinating kitchen cleaning
- Serve as the liaison with building management for any suite-related needs, such as carpet cleaning, light fixture replacement, office temperature, and other facility-related matters
- Assist with additional general office tasks as needed
Salary range for the Executive Assistant and Office Manager: $ 60,000 - $70,000
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE OF EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT AND OFFICE MANAGER:
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university. Additional professional or administrative experience may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis.
- A minimum two years of administrative experience
- Enthusiasm for Black Business Association of Oregon’s mission
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability
- Outstanding organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible and able to meet changing work needs and demands
- Prior administrative experience required
- Positive, can-do attitude
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS OF THE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT AND OFFICE MANAGER:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Google Suite including Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms; Photoshop knowledge a plus
- Excellent web and technology skills and comfortable troubleshooting tech issues
- Comfortable learning new technical/computer skills as they arise
- Strong writing, proofreading and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
The Black Business Association of Oregon (“BBA-Oregon) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels challenged, appreciated, respected, and engaged. BBA-Oregon prohibits discrimination and harassment and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any characteristic (or classification) protected by applicable law.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc.
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.