In this role you’ll apply cost accounting principles to determine, analyze and report the operational and financial results of our business activities. You’ll work collaboratively with business partners to facilitate quality results in the decision making process around changes in product design, supply chain strategies and manufacturing methods.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist with planning and execution of cost accounting activities to ensure accurate accounting of cost of sales, margins and inventory in the Company’s financial records. Research and resolve discrepancies in related financial records.
- Reconcile routine physical inventories and financial records.
- Review inventory cycle count results and identify issues or concerns that could impact inventory valuation. Recommend appropriate actions to correct issues.
- Prepare inventory, cost of sales and margin analyses and projections. Identify trends, draws conclusions, and makes recommendations for improved performance.
- Prepare routine management reports specifying and comparing factors affecting profitability of products.
- Perform quarterly lower of cost or market analysis.
- Research and analyze purchase price and invoice price variances
- Maintain standard cost system, cost and analysis of variances for outsourced products & production.
- Review and analyze normal manufacturing costs on an ongoing basis. Act as a strategic member of functional cost reduction team(s). Serves as financial liaison between Finance, and Manufacturing Support Departments.
- Partner with assigned manufacturing, supply chain, quality and procurement departments. Provides financial input and expertise as it relates to cost accounting, production and outsourcing options.
- Support related departments in preparing annual budgets, analyzing and recommending new processes, and recommending actions to improve output.
- Support Sr. Cost Analyst with manufacturing operations analysis and overall corporate product margin projections as needed.
Skills and Experience you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 3 – 5 years of financial analysis experience in the areas of cost accounting or financial systems. An equivalent combination of education or experience may be considered.
- Experience with financial analysis or general accounting is a plus.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical skills, the ability to interpret data and transfer into meaningful financial information for use in business decision making is required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in the use of financial software, business intelligence and ERP systems applications is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft’s Office Suite, Oracle applications and business intelligence tools (Oracle Business Intelligence) is highly desired.
- Strong team player with excellent customer service skills,