IT - Business Analyst 3 - JP # 9047
Business Analyst 3
Our client, a leading utility company in the Pacific Northwest, is seeking a talented Business Analyst to join their team in Vancouver, WA. This position is located in our client’s Work Planning and Delivery Office (WPDO) within the Transmission Technology Internal Business Operations (TTB) organization. This position will primarily support the TTB contract officer’s representatives (CORs), but will also be assigned work on other WPDO projects to provide business analysis expertise. The focus of this position will be to support TTB’s Information Technology/Operations Technology (IT/OT) acquisitions from initiation to contract award. This position will provide assistance with identifying needs, defining requirements, conducting market research, drafting business justifications and contract documentation, coordinating pre-contract actions, answering process questions, and assisting selection panels as a non-voting member, in addition to other responsibilities. This work will include collaborating and facilitating working sessions with a variety of experts, managers, and executives.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact shepherding assigned project acquisitions through the procurement process working closely with PMs, CORs, the project team and BPA managers.
- Plan, facilitate and conduct working sessions to analyze and document/map requirements.
- Draft key project deliverable documents including: requirements, process diagrams, workflow maps, project plans, and change management plans.
- Draft requirements for software and workflow development projects.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Provide analysis and recommend fact-based criteria for use in the requirements vetting process.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between the proposed solution’s address of usability and performance needs.
- Work with appropriate manager/personnel to facilitate resolution of conflicting priorities and requirements, as well as conflicting team positions in order to build consensus among stakeholders and project team members.
- Work with TTB organizational internal customers and Contracting Officer Representatives to assist in writing statements of work (SOWs) and statements of objectives (SOOs) for multiple complex IT/OT procurement projects.
- Facilitate the completion of the alternative solutions analysis document for IT/OT projects.
- Track schedule, scope and funding of on-going org contracts.
- Draft or assist project teams with the creation and recommendation of organizational change management and communication plans; plan/stage and implement management-approved change and communication plans, which focus on the people side of change and minimize change resistance.
- Plan, facilitate and conduct working sessions to analyze and document/map current state processes and value streams, and future state processes and value streams.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), other analysts, PMs, project teams, etc. to perform root cause analysis and lessons learned, as part of identifying opportunities to apply business or process improvement strategies.
- Draft and recommend an implementation plan for future state processes; present plans for management review and approval.
- Draft, maintain and act as the SharePoint administrator for workgroup sites and libraries.
- Manage all records in accordance with the Information Governance & Lifecycle Management policy and procedure and compliance requirements:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Operational Management, Business Management, Organizational Development, Computer Science, Engineering (or related field) is preferred:
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associate’s degree, 10 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience should include business/process analysis, re-engineering and optimization.
- Demonstrated project management support (ie task breakdown, schedule building, dependencies).
- Intermediate proficiency with Visio, MS Project and MS Access.
- Advanced proficiency with SharePoint, sufficient to manage and create document libraries and manage content types.
- Familiar with Project Management standards as documented in the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Experience conceptualizing and planning initiatives for data integration, gathering and organization.
- Experience in Lean and Six Sigma process analysis.
- Experience in the energy/utility industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.