PS - Project Mgr 3 (Non-IT) JP# 9055
Project Manager 3
Our client, a prominent utility company in the Pacific Northwest, is looking for a talented Project Manager to join their team. This position is located in our client's Transmission Product Management and Market Analysis organization in Vancouver, Washington. This position will provide Project Management services to Transmission Marketing and Sales for a variety of key projects and programs. This position will facilitate and develop key process maps, assist management with development of relevant business practices and will help support identification of product requirements for management. In addition, this position will support the commercial product processes related to business transactions, verifying customers are provided service per their tariff rights..
- Provide project management expertise and support and facilitate manager-assigned product development and strategic initiative projects, from beginning to end, providing expert guidance on the PMI-based project management methodology, best practices, and internal skill development as requested by and with guidance from the manager, team lead or other personnel with the authority to do so, including:
- Implementation and tracking the success of management approved products: Point-To-Point; Network Integration Transmission; Ancillary Services; and Conditional Firm;
- Planning, forming and reforming, development, and implementation of management approved transmission products;
- Facilitation of evolutions of products that are financially strong and meet customer’s needs, and verification that the product is compliant with OATT and Transmission rate schedules;
- Wind and solar integration;
- Re-dispatch and curtailment data analysis;
- Facilitating the implementation of management approved product design choices within established time frames.
- Collaborate with business units and Performance Managers to resolve resource allocation issues;
- Recommend an overall roadmap of efforts required to achieve program initiatives and project objectives;
- Draft project plans, resource strategies and funding estimates required to advance each assigned project/defined effort;
- Work with the manager or other personnel to address and navigate politically sensitive issues;
- Maintain consistent communication with project sponsors, performance managers, and clients on the progress of the project vis-a-vis the work plan;
- Draft a final project report, including project “lessons-learned”, for appropriate management review and approval/acceptance.
- Gather business requirements and needs analysis from various stakeholder perspectives.
- Perform gap analysis from the “as is” to the “to be” state.
- Take a pro-active stance on project risk management.
- Communicate regularly with key stakeholders, strategic partners, and managers independently and in team meetings.
- Support and facilitate the following functions as needed:
- Written and verbal sponsor communication
- Project team communications and coordination
- Inter-project team communications and coordination
- Issues and risk management
- Coordination with IT resources
- Support and facilitate the following deliverables:
- Scope Definition and Management
- Process and System Design requirements
- Communication and project management best practice gap analysis
- Coordinate and assist management with transitions of identified project resources as needed. This may include gathering information from departing/transitioning resources to identify subject matter expertise, documenting workloads, identifying training requirements to facilitate smooth transitions.
- Facilitate the implementation of Organizational Design and Change Management requirements as developed and approved by the manager.
- Assist with the identification of organizational alignment and culture change required to advance improvement efforts; draft and prepare revised processes and roles to approval of appropriate personnel.
- When necessary, facilitate the successful transition of a project or program of projects to another project manager including any training, documentation, or meeting coordination required to bring the new PM fully up to speed on all critical aspects of the work and introduce them to executive sponsors and key stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Engineering, Business Administration or Management, Organizational Development, Computer Science or other technical related discipline is preferred.
- With a Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, 10+ years of experience is required.
- With a Bachelor’s degree in a non-applicable field, 12+ years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 14+ years of experience is required.
- Experience should be in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Knowledge of product management as well as process management.
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to perform root cause identification/analysis.
- Experience influencing and integrating change in a large, diverse organization.
- Experience leading project teams, management review and decision making sessions supporting organization level improvement efforts.
- Experience managing projects in accordance with industry project management principles.
- Ability to organize and analyze detailed information and present it in a variety of formats for business, executive, and technical audiences.
- Ability to assess and estimate project costs
- Experience in the utility business.
- PMI or PMP certification.
- Experience in resource planning.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.