PS - Business Analyst 3 JP # 9056
Business Analyst 3
Our client, a prominent utility company in the Pacific Northwest, is looking to add a talented Business Analyst 3 with a Change Management specialty to their team in Vancouver, WA. This position will provide support to the Internal Organizational Delivery & Performance group and the System Operations organization in the Transmission Service business line of the company. The office is responsible for planning, managing and leading programs, systems and work processes which are critical to the operational performance of day-to-day System Operations activities. The office supports management and coordination of compliance activities, projects, work portfolio priorities management, and reporting for Operations decision support. This position will support a multitude of projects and initiatives in the Transmission System Operations organization. The Business Analyst will also assist business stakeholders and facilitate gathering and analyzing information using standard tools and approaches to: clarify business operations, functions, gap analysis, document/map the current and future states, identify solution alternatives, evaluate the alternatives, and define procedures.
- Collaborate and communicate with a wide variety of internal technical and business experts, including the assigned Project Manager in both individual and group settings to assist with and recommend project team requirements.
- Provide recommendations to management at all levels to assist in building leadership/sponsorship capabilities and address change management (CM) initiatives.
- Serve as an expert in CM processes; provide information and recommendations to project and leadership teams on CM:
- Develop/draft and recommend new or revised CM processes, procedures and/or workflows to meet/address customer/end-user requirements.
- Facilitate Transmission projects and project initiatives by assisting managers in developing and implementing management-approved change plans and materials in the areas of sponsorship, training, communication, guidance, resistance management and change management.
- Assist management with development, and implementation, of management-approved change plans and strategies through various feedback loops or measurements.
- Implement new Programs and Initiatives including developing roles and responsibilities, process and infrastructure to support sustainment.
- Monitor effectiveness of change plans and strategies, recommending improvements for management consideration to gain maximum benefit.
- Collaborate with other CM Specialists to share best practices, provide assistance on critical needs, and coordinate on Transmission-wide initiatives. Use Prosci methodology as well as new data sources (as appropriate) to assess change saturation within Transmission Services and make appropriate recommendations to project teams, sponsors and stakeholders.
- Promote sound CM methodology and serve as a change management resource and subject matter expert to the System Operations leadership and project teams.
- Maintain and improve change management toolkits (e.g. deliverables, templates, techniques) that are simple, effective and designed for different audiences.
- Collaborate with manager, stakeholders, project teams and/or other parties as assigned to create/draft and recommend a comprehensive communication strategy; assist with implementation activities as requested.
- Provide expertise with business process modeling techniques to incorporate new business drivers and roles and responsibilities within a project or Program.
- Provide expertise with Sharepoint Administration including assisting with permissions management.
- Develop and recommend methods to assess trainee progress in business process-related training, as well as for continuing education for management consideration; assist with implementation of management-approved methods/recommendations.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs; incorporate findings and insights into project and change management plans, decision-making information and recommendations and other project considerations as appropriate.
- Design/draft templates and tools to support the project management methodology, including creating, recommending and utilizing tools (such as MS Project, Access, SharePoint, etc.) to assist Project Managers in tracking and reporting project progress/status, project milestones and deliverables, and metrics reporting.
- Develop /draft documentation to: 1) validate repeatability of processes; 2) facilitate training on new analytical tools; and, 3) support business continuity and knowledge transfer.
- A degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Accounting, Computer Science, Organizational Development or a closely-related field is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 8 yrs of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associates degree, 10 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- Experience should include direct work experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies with a solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process.
- Experience must include/show demonstrated experience in leading and providing Change Management programmatic set up and support to organizations.
- Experience with project and change management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts.
- Change Management Professional designation.
- Intermediate proficiency in Visio (flowcharts), MS Project, Access, and SharePoint.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook); MS Office 2010 proficiency.
- Experience with the Prosci methodology for Change Management.
- Energy/utility industry experience.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management, Asset Management, and Equipment Analysis for the Energy industry.
- Must possess technical interviewing skills:
- Possess functional/process interviewing skills in the business environment.
- Possess ability to facilitate groups through process design and requirements gathering sessions.
- Possess analytical skills to analyze data, identify quality assurance/quality control issues, and identify failure or maintenance trends.
- Familiarity with Project Management standards as documented in the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.