PS - Operations Analyst JP # 9068
Our client, a leading utility company in the Pacific Northwest, is looking for a talented Operations Analyst to join their team in Vancouver, WA. This part-time Operations Analyst 3 position will assist the Deputy Vice President of Transmission Marketing and Sales (TS) by supporting the daily, weekly, monthly and annual internal operations of the Transmission Marketing and Sales organization.
- Assist TS managers in adding clarity to functions performed in TS for commercial alignment improvements and recommendations through the inventory and evaluation of TS processes and functions.
- Analyze work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow or cost analysis to provide recommendations for solutions to TS management.
- Assist the Vice President and Deputy Vice President of Marketing and Sales with formulation and facilitation of enterprise-level strategies and policies for Transmission Services’ program operations. Review the annual Transmission Commercial Activities Program; assist managers in planning and validating corporate cost allocations and evaluating any risks to plan implementation for the fiscal year.
- Perform assessment of Transmission Services’ programmatic funding inter-relationships.
- Assist with the development and facilitation of FEV Action Plans with the TS Organization.
- Facilitate, coordinate and assist with developing supporting financial documentation that support measures and targets for the transmission commercial programs related to the Integrated Program Review Process (IPR).
- Assist the TS Deputy Vice President in monitoring and tracking FTE within the Marketing and Sales organization by providing a monthly review of BFTE and supplemental labor onboardings/vacancies and assist TS managers in preparation of hiring request documentation.
- Assist the TS Vice President, Deputy Vice President and Managers in quarterly budget reviews and annual budget process.
- Serve as the TS back-up member of the Student Review Board; assist in the pre-review of student resumes for potential rotations through the TS organization and provides input to the TS Managers.
- Serve as the TS Deputy Vice President back-up member of the Internal Operations Manager’s (IOM) team within Transmission.
- Act as liaison between Transmission organizations and HCM to help facilitate the design and implementation of potential reorganizations, which includes the development of business case requirements and the development of position descriptions as needed.
- A degree in the disciplines outlined below is preferred:
o With an applicable Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance/Accounting, 8 yrs. of experience is required.
o With an applicable Associates degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance/Accounting, 10 years of experience is required.
o Without an applicable degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of Internal Operations or business analysis / business policy and progressively more technical in nature.
- Experience in the electric utility industry.
- Demonstrated experience assessing programmatic funding inter-relationships.
- Knowledge of the Open Access Transmission Tariff.
- Knowledge of staffing management.
- Visio experience.
- Knowledge of the wholesale transmission product service management and delivery.
- Capable of applying a diversified knowledge of analysis principles and practices in assigned technical area.
- Ability to work with diverse workgroups, teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to work with managers, technical SMEs and implementers to support internal business operations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.