PS - Operations Analyst 2 JP # 9070
Operations Analyst 2
Our client, a leading utility company in the Pacific Northwest, is looking for an Operations Analyst to join their team. This position will provide support to the Operations Support group and the System Operations organization in the Transmission Service business line of the company. Operations Support provides products and specialized technical and operational support to dispatch of the transmission system. This group also develops and manages all near-term System Operating Limits, and Total Transfer Capabilities. The organization provides control center technical oversight for planned outages, Automatic Generation Control, Balancing Authority operations, Remedial Action Schemes, disturbance monitoring and event reporting. The organization provides programmatic oversight for the development, tracking, scheduling, coordination and process support for technical training of System Operations personnel.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the appropriate Subject Matter Experts in the development/draft and preparation of training program documents such as Individual Learning Plans, On-the-Job Training Practical Factor Cards, Training Needs Analysis, Job Task Analysis, Training Facilitator Guides, Training Evaluation forms, and sub-team training program guides.
- Build training plans, desk references, user/educational materials and reporting tools for use by specific sub-teams within Transmission System Operations.
- Perform audio/video recording, editing and cataloging of training sessions and other assigned audio/video work.
- Interface with other training program development efforts within the company and at WECC and NWPP to share knowledge and seek alignment. Provide management with information gained from these interfacing activities, helping them determine how to adjust training deliverables.
- Coordinate efforts among various technical teams charged with improving transmission business operations, scheduling, congestion management, integration of wind resources, and/or other matters affecting transmission operations.
- Create/draft internal and external compliance reports for NERC, FERC, WECC, NWPP and/or any other regional reporting requirements for the business units.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the appropriate Subject Matter Expert in the development/draft and preparation of compliance violation self-reports and mitigation plans.
- Draft and provide recommendations to the manager on change management plans and their implementation; provide implementation assistance which may include the draft of job aids, job procedure documentation and updates to process mapping documents.
- Create management reporting tools that track, document and communicate the progress of work unit related activities and projects to determine quality and timeliness of assignments.
- Review, analyze and record the processes and system modification actions used in grid operations and studies; translate and incorporate current practices into documented processes and operating procedures used for these applications/activities; present drafted materials and any associated research to manager/team lead for review and acceptance.
- Review, revise, and edit organizational documentation as needed to validate successful systems operation performance.
- Work with SMEs and Management to develop and maintain Information Asset Plan and retention policies. Present proposals to management for their approval and submittal to the company’s Information Governance group.
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Business Systems, Organizational Development or a related technical discipline is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Systems, Organizational Development or a related technical discipline is preferred.
o With an Associate’s degree in applicable fields: 7+ years directly related experience is required.
o With a Bachelor’s degree in applicable fields: 5+ years directly related experience is required.
o No degree: 9+ years of directly related experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business and operations analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- 2 Years compliance and/or audit support experience.
- Expert level/mastery of Excel, including Pivot Tables, Charting & Reporting
- Previous training program development and tracking experience
- Experience with the ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Evaluation) training model
- Experience with Camtasia and Adobe Captivate
- Prior electric utility work experience
- Knowledge of SCADA data / tools
- Advanced knowledge of Visio and other Flowchart Tools
- Practical experience in PI and Process Book
- Experience in the use of change and configuration management tools/systems
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.