PS - Accountant 2 JP # 9073
Our client, a leading utility company in the Pacific Northwest, is looking for talented Accountant 3 to join their team in Portland, OR. This full-time contract Accountant position will provide accounting support services the company’s Accounting and Financial Reporting group within the Finance organization.
- Prepare and/or review journal entries, verifying accuracy and completion for processing.
- Prepare and/or review General Ledger account reconciliations, verifying accuracy and completion.
- Assist in performing analysis of complex or unique accounting issues by researching and analyzing generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and other non-GAAP (i.e., Office of Management & Budget/Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board available material for appropriate accounting and disclosure treatment for accounting issues and questions.
- Assist in the development of briefing papers, presentations, and recommendations concerning complex accounting issues as requested by creating initial drafts of documents.
- Assist with audits and coordination with external audit firms as required for quarterly/annual work and to support bond offerings by responding to auditor questions, and preparing or providing requested documentation.
- Research and respond to financial client needs and provide support regarding questions involving accounting and financial processes.
- Work with business services organizations and upper management on a wide range of contract issues with significant financial statement impact; assist with reviewing contracts as needed to assess accounting impacts and perform a hierarchy of GAAP analysis when deemed necessary.
- Review and analyze internals control over financial reporting to identify management control weaknesses and areas needing improvement. Apply unique or extensive probing and analysis techniques and methods to accomplish the desired outcomes. Provide recommendations for improvements to management. Assist in drafting functional policies and procedures to implement approved recommendations. Work with owners of the various Program Policies and Procedures to facilitate coordination and inclusion.
- Draft/prepare financial statements, financial queries and disclosures such as notes to financial statements, management’s discussion and analysis or other external or internal financial disclosures needed to support finance.
- Candidate resume and matrix must include where and what types of activities were performed for each of the skills/applications listed below:
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft or other automated Business Enterprise System (BES).
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills, specifically in accounting calculations.
- Experience preparing or auditing financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- User level experience with SharePoint or equivalent program, sufficient to maintain documentation.
- Proficiency with all other Microsoft Office Suite products, such as Word, PowerPoint and Outlook (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Experience with utility accounting principles and/or accounting for combinations/consolidations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.