PS - Clerk I
We are looking for an Administrative Clerk to join our client’s healthcare team in Medford, OR. This role will perform clerical support duties for various departments within the company. The clerk works closely with department staff as well as staff in other corporate departments.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Six months of general office experience or training, technical, vocational, careers in basic office procedures or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 30 wpm keying ability, with 95% accuracy; 10-key ability.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and be able to multitask
- Ability to operate business machines, computers, copiers, fax
- Proven ability of telephone courtesy.
- Alpha and numeric filing abilities.
- Responsible and dependable, general office skills, ability to apply basic math skills, flexible in duties, positive attitude, basic operation of standard office equipment such as PC and CRT, Microsoft Word and Excel experience helpful, and good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work effectively with all levels of corporate staff
- For claims system, must have working knowledge of medical and/or dental terminology.
- May act as a receptionist by answering phones, greeting internal and external customers, notifying colleagues of visitors, and other reception-type duties.
- May receive, date stamp, sort, log and distribute all incoming mail, claims and/or inquiries coming into unit.
- May enter tracking information on CTS for certain departments.
- Performs data entry and PC work and assists with phone coverage as required in certain departments.
- May pre-screen claims for lines of business and/or type of claim. May also log in incoming customer service inquiries and distribute phone reports as directed.
May verify that information produced on ID cards and/or other documents is accurate.
- Distributes contracts, riders and amendments in a timely and accurate manner. Mails out individual policies and certificates. Maintains inventory of contracts, riders and amendments to ensure adequate supply is always available.
- Maintains and updates contract files.
- Prepares on a daily basis correspondence, envelopes, applications and other records for imaging.
- Retrieves claims from files; copies and distributes as directed. Tracks and prepares spreadsheets to distribute paper claims within required timeliness guidelines.
- May assist other staff by calling members, group administrators, agents/brokers, attorneys or providers, or other member representatives to obtain missing information and correct any errors.
- May assist other staff by calling provider offices to obtain clarification on billing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.