PS - Accounts Receivable Rep II
We are seeking an Accounts Receivable Representative to join our client's team in Tacoma, WA. This role will perform tasks associated with the management of the accounts receivable processes to ensure timely and accurate handling of past due/delinquent accounts.
- Fields incoming and outgoing telephone calls to customers related to past due/delinquent accounts.
- Provides customer service to both Internal and External Customers.
- Maintains a customer-focused approach regarding customers’ financial difficulties.
- Regularly handles the pace of high call volumes with ease and confidence.
- Performs ongoing accounts receivable management and duties consistent with the respective Delinquency Policies to ensure timely receipt of payments.
- Documents account notes with full and complete descriptions of conversations, negotiations, payment arrangements, and any updates performed.
- Coordinates and supports the policy cancellation, reinstatement, and appeal process, with Membership, Customer Service, Underwriting, and Marketing related to Individual and Group premium delinquency.
- Communicate with internal/external customers, members, brokers, vendors, and business partners related to various Cash Management, Premium Processing, A/R, and Delinquency issues.
- 1-year experience as an Accounts Receivable Rep I maintaining a core level performance for 3 consecutive months, or 2 years of experience in accounts receivable, collections, or treasury capacity, or equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- College coursework or degree in Finance, Accounting, and/or business desired.
- Working knowledge of accounts receivable and delinquency processes.
- Advanced data entry skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Experience using and navigating through a variety of personal computer software applications, including Excel and Word, to perform accounting functions.
- 10-key by touch - 8,500 KPH or 40 WPM keyboarding/typing
- Demonstrated negotiating skills, with the ability to be assertive and persuasive.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic mathematical concepts and calculations
- Proven attention to detail
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.