Our client is searching for a Product Owner to join their talented team in Portland. The individual in this role will help to drive the successful execution of Agile Scrum and Kanban teams, improve processes and procedures for the company’s Product Engineering division, and develop and maintain tools, techniques, and standards pertaining to the project life cycle.
- Fulfill the role of a Product Owner within the Scaled Agile Framework on all sizes of initiatives.
- Lead and facilitate the work of Agile teams (including ceremonies) by working with stakeholders to clarify epic delivery objectives and ensure the cross-functional Agile team members can accomplish these objectives.
- Create Program Increment, Sprint and Release plans; ensure that plans receive appropriate review, authorization, and visibility through Agile ceremonies and the PMO.
- Ownership and strong stewardship of agile team(s) backlog, story definitions and refinement; including rank order across competing priorities (roadmap, maintenance and defects, etc.…)
- Be an advocate and voice across the enterprise for agile development team(s).
- Assist teams in evaluating and establishing their capacity to inform project plans.
- Track project/team interdependencies and coordinate efforts across disparate teams with other Product Owners or stakeholders.
- Timely approval of stories to ensure quality control at the team level and to ensure technical and functional integrity of our products.
- Track and forecast project progress, activity and effort; communicate effectively through multiple channels to sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Continuous and early assessment of project risk factors and recommendation of courses of action to mitigate risk.
- Participate in developing, maintaining and evolving standards, tools, templates and documented processes for process improvement and project governance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or similar discipline required; MBA or other advanced degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of practical delivery experience in the area of Agile project management with demonstrated results leading an agile team; strong preference for experience in the technology industry
- Project management process experience including project prioritization, estimating, project planning, scheduling, risk and issue management.
- Experience in vendor relations & contract negotiations for program outsourced services products preferred.
- Scrum Certified Product Owner preferred; experience with creation of project portfolio management tools and design of dynamic, data-driven web applications highly preferred.
- Experience in scrum and/or Kanban processes and protocols; Proven foundational knowledge of standard project management best practices
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework is preferred
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to successfully manage and facilitate functional and/or cross-functional teams; ability to build working relationships and work effectively with most levels of an organization.
- Well-developed communication skills, including proven ability to transform complexities into clear, concise written communications for stakeholders and development teams.
- Ability to distinguish milestones and measures critical to project success and translate these into meaningful management information.
- Ability to balance competing demands for project scope, time, cost, risk and quality.
- Ability to remain cool under pressure and demonstrate competence when challenged.
- Experience in successfully, respectfully and logically negotiating with stakeholders.
- Ability to facilitate and control meetings and discussions where disparate points of views need to be voiced and acknowledged.
- Ability to track at the detail level and some experience strategizing for product vision and planning several steps ahead.
- Proficiency in a broad range of agile project management and roadmap tools such as Jira, Target Process and Aha.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.