Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer
We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our client’s dynamic team in Portland. This role will involve providing technical leadership and direction to a team that is building high-performing web applications. This group is highly productive and focuses on Agile and eCommerce – Candidates familiar in these environments will thrive and are encouraged to apply.
- Leads the design and development of a technical solution that meets the needs of the business and aligns with architectural and quality standards, and effectively integrates solutions delivered with adjacent and tertiary solutions/technologies.
- Independently identifies, defines, directs, and/or performs analysis to resolve complex, first time issues in his or her area(s) of expertise.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging, and installing for a small- to mid-scale systems.
- Ensures the effective performance of assigned product(s) and their integration with adjacent solutions/technologies.
- Develops working knowledge of tertiary domains.
- Provides leadership to the product team, delivering a vision for work requirements for the quarter.
- Designs the scope of sprints within the quarter.
- Has the vision for the scope of sprints within the quarter.
- Mentors and develops the capabilities of team members.
- Conducts technical assessments of team members and provides feedback on performance as necessary.
- Conducts technical interviews of candidates as needed.
- Conducts complete diagnoses of business problems, working with colleagues in the business to define the scope of the solution and desired outcomes.
- Within the scope of a work assignment, collaborates with the product owner and assists with managing stakeholder expectations and ensuring prompt and complete customer service.
- Functions independently with limited work direction.
- Selects tools and methodologies for the product.
- Commits to deliverables with customers and/or management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant technology field and minimum of 5 years directly relevant work experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Java development
- Experience providing leadership to a team of developers including providing daily guidance, setting coding standards, and reviewing code
- Experience designing solutions in collaboration with Architecture and the Development team
- Agile experience
- Experience with Devops practices, including CI/CD (Jenkins or Circle CI preferred)
- Experience working with Cloud technologies, AWS preferred
- Expertise in writing REST APIs using NodeJS
- Infrastructure as code with any of:
- Swagger Doc
- Deep experience with Performance testing and monitoring (Gatling, Benchmark, New Relic, Splunk, etc.)
- Strong commitment to application and data security
- Experience building and maintaining eCommerce sites preferred
- Experience working with Analysts, Product Owners and Leadership to provide technical feedback during story intake and creation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High motivation and passion to work in a fast, agile environment with the ability to adapt to change
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.