IT - Quality Assurance Analyst 3 (9096)
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
We are searching for a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to join our client's team in Portland. The Quality Assurance Analyst position supports large multi-year projects while also performing Operations and Maintenance key QA tasks such as test script development and execution, defect tracking, test coordination, test environment verification, and data quality management. The best fit for this position will excel in a team environment with collaborative work on technical solutions, and an approach for continuous process improvement and delivery of quality services. This role integrates with IT teams such as infrastructure, Cyber Security, Application Development, and Operations, as well as clients across the agency.
- Create, coordinate and execute manual and automated application tests.
- Facilitate, articulate and implement the quality assurance approach for the Quality Plan and the Product Test Plan.
- Assist in the design and writing of tests which will be used in system integration, functional, and acceptance testing.
- Assist with the development of programmatic test plans, cases, scripts and related documentation for a complex, highly secure suite of Internet/intranet applications.
- Coordinate and facilitate test environments, testers and developers among multiple projects during the testing phase.
- Perform defect management to include inputting defects, updating status, determining severity, verifying fixes, and producing defect reports. QAs do not determine when solutions are delivered or the priorities of defects.
- Perform installation and unit testing to verify correct operation of an upgraded application.
- Read and run compares on sanitized test databases using database skills either as XML, Oracle or SQL.
- Prepare time estimates, communicate resource requirements and provide timely progress reports to the program, project managers, and QA Lead.
- Provide presentations on testing deliverables, milestones and report on quality discrepancies.
- Help create Test Driven Development (TDD) automated tests for production code.
- Use multiple methods such as Waterfall Modeling, Agile Modeling, and others to model and document test cases.
- Adapt to current industry QA standards and systems, and assist the manager in Policy development to align with them.
- Facilitate quality assurance objectives for assigned projects.
- Assist the QA manager in implementing QA goals and objectives.
- Develop/draft manual test scripts to support functional and non-functional testing.
- Identify problems and recommend corrective actions.
- Promote quality assurance activities associated with Agency Projects and Quality efforts as assigned.
- Recommend processes for the monitoring and review of standards for consistency and goal definition.
- Configure testing resources and tools to evaluate application functionality, integration, and performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related technical field is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 10 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 14 years of experience is required.
- Experience should involve test methodology design and implementation, along with hands-on experience writing test plans, test cases, test data, and test database creation/sanitizing, problem tracking/resolution, coordinating test activities among multiple testers, and maintaining defect logs among other applied skills and knowledge.
- Working knowledge of current Team Foundation Server (TFS); software source control storage system and software application compilation platform, Release Management Component, and creating and editing workflows.
- Demonstrated experience using XML, Oracle or SQL for application integration, testing, and environmental compatibility.
- Demonstrated experience in aligning QA Strategy with software development activities and overall schedule, while supporting the SDLC.
- Proficient in executing the test and validation activities of a large, complex project.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles.
- Advanced knowledge on the design and implementation of QA and testing methodologies in large complex systems using various development methodologies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.