PS - Environmental Protection Specialist (9114)
Environmental Protection Specialist
This position will support the workload planning, tracking, and priorities decision coordination, including scoping and requirements definition for a variety of business needs. In addition, the position will provide support for compliance standards implementations, Grid Modernization efforts, management of demand and capacity of resources and process improvement projects. Candidates should demonstrate experience in both project management and business analysis techniques and should have knowledge of electrical utility processes and practices. This organization is very collaborative and the candidates should have experience in facilitation and process development and documentation. Candidate should also be a quick learner and adaptive to a variety of working environments (office, field locations, and substations).
- Coordinate group compliance and work portfolio management activities and related information for visibility to work milestones and track deliverables. Create and maintain various tracking and decision-support views and tools for management oversight and prioritization activities.
- Maintain and coordinate information as needed in the Ops Workload Center and various SharePoint sites including development, population, and administration.
- Assist project managers in planning, initiating, and facilitating assigned projects with project management implementation methods by uploading project plans, schedules and resource requirements into the Business portfolio management tool. Relate and communicate processes across organizations.
- Create/draft and prepare requirements and documentation for System Operations activities including projects, annual compliance self-certification, violation discovery and mitigation plan development/draft. Track all referenced documentation through to completion.
- Interview SME’s to gather information on automated systems, system behaviors and work processes that support the reliable operation of systems.
- Facilitate and support the following functions:
- Raise policy issues to the appropriate internal forum(s).
- Promote consistent understanding of the requirements across impacted stakeholders.
- Track key project milestones for development and implementation, elevating issues as needed to appropriate managers and/or leads.
- Schedule and facilitate post-implementation review meeting(s) with all functions to evaluate the project for positive and/or negative aspects such as schedule, funding, technicalities, etc. Produce a written post-commissioning report.
- Maintain regular and consistent communication regarding assignment status and concerns with appropriate parties, including the manager and stakeholders.
- Assist PM and project team to develop / draft and recommend key project approach, goals and milestones, as well as with drafting deliverable documents.
- Provide background information, technical input, options and recommendations that facilitate decision-making and that will enable key requirements of the project milestones to be met.
- Validate, and facilitate as necessary, the accurate interpretation of business requirements by business unit experts; and, that the management-approved business process flow is implemented consistent with the project plan.
- A degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Accounting, Computer Science, Organizational Development or a closely-related field is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associates degree, 7 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 9 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Access and MS Project.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with SharePoint
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office Suite products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word); MS Office 2010 and SharePoint proficiency.
- High degree of confidentiality and discretion regarding company proprietary information is mandatory.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.