Senior Automotive Controls Engineer
Senior Automotive Controls EngineerA Full-Time, Direct hire position in Portland, US
Senior - Engineering
Mission is to help our customers bring autonomous vehicles to roads, safely.
As a Senior Automotive Controls Engineer, you'll get to make a direct contribution to new and improved control approaches for many types of vehicles. This hands-on role is the best possible for someone that wants to be actively engaged in practical application of their skills, put them to the test every day, and have a clear impact on the product.
As a Senior Automotive Controls Engineer, you will:
- be responsible for designing and developing new control systems for vehicles we support;
- reverse-engineer vehicle control models;
- identify calibration processes, and work with software engineering to implement them;
- build dynamic vehicle models.
Ideally, you'll have:
- strong experience with vehicle control and black-box model identification;
- working knowledge of classical controls, PID control, optimal control theory, MPC, and LQR;
- strong experience writing code in any of C, C++, Python, or Rust;
- working experience in the automotive industry;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
An equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.