Network Engineer III
We are looking to add a Network Engineer to our client’s growing company that will participate in a team environment for the installation, upgrade, and maintenance of the company’s network and security systems. This contract to hire role requires the use of good technical, interpersonal, and administrative skills in performing day to day work. Experience with Palo Alto firewalls is critical for this role (use of Panorama to centrally manage the firewalls). This role will sit in Portland, Salt Lake City, or Seattle. A degree is not required.
- Responsible for the quality and continuous improvement of the company’s integrated voice, video and data communications infrastructure.
- Provides Network & Security system design including voice over IP technologies, hardware installation and configuration; network monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting, documentation, and support.
- Performs analysis of integrated voice, video and data communications infrastructure.
- Creates and maintains network and Security related policies, procedures, and standards with collaboration from team.
- Prepares technical input to recommendations and selections for technical solutions.
- Respond and escalate customer issues and requests to ensure their needs are met.
- Participate with, and manage contractors and vendors who sell, deploy and support network technology.
- Provide trending reports based on analysis of Regence Group integrated voice, video and data communications infrastructure.
- Creates network-related proposals and technical solutions to support business requirements.
- Performs research, recommends solutions, and creates proposals based on latest industry trends, and industry standards to meet business requirements.
- 5 years relevant experience, or equivalent related college course work, in a networking environment including, but not limited to network administration, network infrastructure planning, design, implementation and maintenance.
- Palo Alto firewall experience
- Experience in a company our size
- Strong networking security background, understanding of segmenting and securing a network
- Experience in one or more of the following core technical areas: Network Routing and Switching design, implementation, administration using the Cisco command line; Firewall design, implementation and administration using CheckPoint FW-1 tools.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following technical areas: Wide Area Networking using Asynchronous Transfer Mode; Wide Area Networking using Multi Point Label Switching; Domain Name Service / Dynamic Host Control Protocol administration; Intrusion Detection System / Intrusion Prevention System administration; Hardware based Server Load Balancing administration; Proxy services administration
- Ability to work with telephone carriers to perform troubleshooting and installation functions for T1, DS3, MPLS, Internet, and other services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.