PS - Budget Analyst 2 (9157)
A major utility company is looking to add a Budget Analyst to their talented team. This position will provide budget support, tracking, and cost analyses for project managers as well as external program contractors and their organizations. The position will also provide budget support (e.g., transfers, accrual reports) under the guidance of the Budget Analyst Lead. The position will support the Manager, Project Managers, and Program Managers in executing and administering program actions, directly impacting the realization of the program goals. This position may also coordinate or complete special projects of similar scope and size to support process improvement initiatives.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and technical expert for the tracking and reporting of Accord partner budgets, forecasts, and expenditures.
- Maintain current accounting of Accord partner budgets, expenditures, transfers, carryovers, and balances.
- Provide Quality Assurance and Quality Control of work products.
- Work with Accord partners to resolve discrepancies/errors; escalate to applicable PM or Contracting Officers’ Representative as needed.
- Serve as point of contact for Accord partners, PMs, and other stakeholders for questions regarding procedures, transfers, carryover issues and/or status updates.
- Document administrative activities in accordance with appropriate regulations, including input into the Pisces and Asset Suite systems.
- Provide support to the Budget Analyst Lead by processing budget transfers in the Pisces/cbfish system.
- Process and report budget transfers at the direction and guidance of the Budget Analyst Lead.
- Execute transfers and provide reports of budget transfers in a timely basis, as defined by the Budget Analyst Lead.
- Participate in departmental budget meetings and deliberations by providing updates on budget transfers and balances, reporting on unscheduled financial commitments, budget forecasts and accrual estimates.
- Evaluate and qualify accrual values based on guidance and criteria from the Budget Analyst Lead.
- Generate monthly accrual reports on a timely basis.
- Work closely with Tribal members, vendors, and CORs via phone or email to respond to questions; assist with resolution of issue(s); and to verify accuracy and timeliness of budget transactions within Asset Suite or Pisces.
- Serve as a resource to other team members and customers by providing guidance and assistance with the utilization of the appropriate forms, database fields, agency policies, and group procedures, processes and practices.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Business Mathematics or a closely related technical field is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s Degree, 1 year of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associate’s Degree, 3 years of experience is required.
- Without a degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- Experience must include providing budget reporting, budget analysis and providing budget preparation assistance in a budget or financial analyst capacity.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Working experience in general data entry and input of data into computer systems or databases.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.