IT - Desktop Technical Customer Support 3 (9156)
Desktop Technical Customer Support III
This contract Desktop Technical Customer Support III position is located within the IT department at a local utility company in The Dalles. This position supports the current desktop computing environment and new projects that are relevant to Field IT services in the Dalles District. This position also serves as the primary contact for the substations located within the Dalles district. This role provides technical assistance over the phone or in-person for a wide variety of hardware, software and site-specific applications in an enterprise server-client environment.
- Field telephone calls, voicemails and emails from IT clients.
- Troubleshoot calls/tickets assigned from the IT Service Desk and start the resolution process, bringing in other subject matter experts as required.
- Track issues using a central incident management application.
- Enter IT problem descriptions and troubleshoot the issue sufficiently to appropriately refer the problem to the correct IT support group.
- Configure Microsoft Office applications and resolve usability issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware system-level problems as they occur.
- Configure new desktops, software upgrades, and provide problem-solving for hardware, operating systems and security permission issues.
- Verify functionality of enterprise business applications such as the PeopleSoft suite by configuring OS settings and troubleshooting connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot and repair Desktop/Laptop and thin client hardware.
- Run diagnostic programs for troubleshooting or monitoring purposes.
- Serve as escalation point of contact within the Field IT Support team for Desktop/Laptop and thin client hardware.
- Support and troubleshoot video-teleconferencing setup and resolve teleconferencing network issues.
- Support Citrix XenApp / Application virtualization, to include troubleshooting client connectivity issues, troubleshooting client performance issues and troubleshooting client printing issues.
- Work remotely with subject matter experts to resolve complex desktop or network issues.
- Manage hardware assets and track via asset management application(s).
- Support peripheral devices (Printers, Smartphones, Scanners etc.).
- Understand the IT working environment sufficiently to explain technical issues to a disparate range of technical and non-technical clients.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer/Information Technology or a directly-related field is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 6years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associate’s degree, 8 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 10 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be in the Computer/Information Technology or directly related technical field.
- 6 years of experience with Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- 6 years of experience with Desktop/laptop configuration and troubleshooting.
- 6 years of experience with local and network printer configuration and troubleshooting.
- 6 years of experience with Desktop security practices, including patching and updating the OS, security settings in the OS and in applications and anti-virus and anti-spy applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.