IT Senior Business Analyst, Enterprise Analysis
Sr. Business Analyst, Enterprise Analysis
Our client is looking for a Senior Business Analyst, Enterprise Analysis, for their Portland, Oregon location. This position’s primary function is to define business needs that provide value to internal and external customers. The focus will be on business needs, practices, processes and procedures.
- Serves as an enterprise expert, providing process analysis and documentation
- Lead detailed business requirements elicitation and documentation, with specific focus on supporting data workflows (between organizations, tools, and QA procedures) and data process improvements.
- Coordinates with the staff throughout the enterprise at all levels to document detailed processes and procedures with a primary focus on data flows.
- Drives process improvement by documenting and analyzing; works with business teams to identify gaps and remediation plans.
- Leverages deep understanding of business drivers to develop meaningful, actionable recommendations on improvements to business processes.
- Actively manages the enterprise process library and leads maintenance.
- Works with engineering teams to ensure platforms and tools align to business needs.
- Ensures work is of a high quality and meets industry standards.
- Serves as a mentor to other business analysts, guiding their work and ensuring it meets the level of quality and standard established.
- Ensure the practices, processes and artifacts used by the team are defined and updated as required.
- Helps lead and assist on requirements, from an enterprise perspective.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of accounting, business administration, management information systems, or computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Significant experience using a variety of business analysis techniques, on business transformation projects.
- Mix of functional / business and technical experience. Ability to understand, create and manage the basic tools (i.e. process maps / flows, rules matrices, mockups etc.) and advanced tools and techniques of business analysis (i.e. data matrices, contextual level data diagrams, system interface diagrams etc.).
- Ability to evaluate details and develop a full understanding of business requirements, impacts and potential issues across various processes, departments, products and lines of business.
- Document detailed business requirements and supporting documentation into standardized tools and templates.
- Manages the expectations of business owners, subject matter experts and key stakeholders. Be comfortable in interacting with senior leadership across the organization.
- Analytical skills for problem solving and ability to think creatively for solutions/ideas.
- Detail oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy.
- Strong listening skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills enabling efficient communication and collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Advanced and developed negotiation, interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to remain confident and to perform in situations that are filled with more ambiguity than clarity.
- Ability to build trust with stakeholders by applying honest and ethical standards in all interactions.
- Proven ability to employ creativity and innovation to provide solutions.
- Ability to apply an understanding of both enterprise improvement goals as well as larger organizational goals.
- Ability to work with a continuous improvement viewpoint.
- Demonstrates proficiency working within a Microsoft-based environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, Sharepoint).
- Must be able to perform the physical and intellectual requirements of the role, with or without accommodation.
** We are unable to accommodate corp to corp candidates **
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.