PS Business Analyst 3 (9258)
Senior Business Analyst
Our client is looking for a Senior Business Analyst for their Vancouver, Washington location. This position will provide support for projects by providing recommendations and facilitating the gathering and analysis of information using standard tools and approaches to: help clarify business operations, functions, perform gap analysis, document/map the current and future states, identify solution alternatives, evaluate the alternatives, and define processes.
Responsibilities of Senior Business Analyst:
- Facilitate large teams in problem solving and identifying improvement opportunities using industry methodologies (i.e. Kanban, GE Workout or like tools/models).
- Perform organizational maturity analysis, assess gaps, and draft maturity roadmaps.
- Provide analysis and support in the development / draft and recommendation of tools for organizational alignment, strategic content, alignment of capabilities and work, and a roadmap for success.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), other analysts, specialists and teams to perform root cause analysis and lessons learned, as part of identifying opportunities to apply business or process improvement strategies.
- Perform all analytical tasks related to a project, including requirements definition, validation, management and supporting documentation (i.e. process flows, user stories, use cases) and related testing; assist management with implementation activities that contribute to system, process, and/or business improvements.
- Provide background information, technical input, options and recommendations that facilitate decision-making and that will enable key requirements of improvement projects, project milestones and/or implemented solutions to be met.
- Facilitate the definition and documentation of business and functional requirements. Conduct user/stakeholder interviews and facilitate joint requirements sessions.
- Draft requirements documentation, review with user representatives, recommend priorities and obtain user signoff. Maintain the requirements documentation created and map it to specific delivery releases and schedules
- Prepare use cases, process models and activity diagrams to support a project, coordinate efforts with business process activities when needed. Verify with user representatives that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business processes.
- Collaborate with staff and user representatives to verify that all user requirements are accommodated. Participate in user/stakeholder review of program/project artifacts and obtain signoff.
- Provide input to program/project managers on schedules and program/project plans with particular emphasis on analysis-related activities.
- Collect and document detailed descriptions and specifications of user needs, business rules, functionality and steps required to develop or modify business solutions
- Translate business requirements into definitions and solutions. Identify problems, research alternatives, prepare presentations, recommend and assist management with implementing solutions.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze potential tradeoffs between usability and performance needs; work with appropriate personnel to reconcile and determine acceptable “tradeoffs”.
- Design/draft templates and tools to support the project management methodology, including creating, recommending and utilizing tools (such as MS Project, Access, SharePoint, etc.) to assist Project Managers (PMs) in tracking and reporting project progress / status, project milestones and deliverables, as well as metrics reporting.
- Draft and recommend key project deliverable documents including requirements, process diagrams, workflow maps, project plans, and change management plans.
Requirements of Senior Business Analyst:
- A degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Accounting, Computer Science (or a closely related field) is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associates degree, 10 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience should include direct work experience as a change manager, business analyst, strategic business partner or equivalent. Business analysis experience should be progressively more technical in nature.
- 5+ years’ experience applying methodology to process improvement and optimization efforts across multiple business units within a defined enterprise.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts.
- Technical interview skills sufficient to facilitate group process design/requirements gathering sessions in a business environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in Visio (flowcharts), MS Project, Access, and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated experience with project and change management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle is preferred.
- Experience with the Prosci methodology for Change Management is preferred
** We are unable to accommodate corp to corp candidates **
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.