Senior System Administrator
Our client is a leading provider of integrated solutions for advanced communication systems worldwide seeking an experienced Sr. Systems Administrator to join their team! They are looking for someone with both a Systems & Network background who has experience with Powershell scripting to automate functions.
You will be providing Tier 2 end user support by maintaining and troubleshooting desktop/laptop systems and personal/network printers as well as providing support by maintaining, and troubleshooting business software and server products.
- Maintain all systems in accordance with established security policies and procedures.
- Maintain the inventory and provide accounting for the client's resources including software, server, workstation and laptop systems.
- Performs Active Directory administration activities including creating, editing, deleting, and auditing of users, computers, and security groups.
- Performs Exchange server administration activities including creating, editing, deleting, and auditing user mailboxes and distribution groups.
- Responsible in the delivery and maintenance of a stable server environment by monitoring server performance, patching and troubleshooting issues.
- Ensure network infrastructure reliability by managing and maintaining firewalls, routers, switches, and VPN.
- Provide a dependable communications environment by monitoring and maintaining systems including telephone, Internet, WANs, and wireless access.
- Maintain in the testing and executing of the corporate disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Participate in software and hardware evaluations and implementation of systems which meet the organization s business objectives.
- Work with the team to automate management tasks, streamline processes and perform standard administration functions as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5+ years of proven System Administration work required
- Terminal Servers/Remote Desktop experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 8.x, and 10 operating systems support
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Administration, Active Directory, in a Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 environment
- Experience with Group Policies, Software, Security, Login and logout functions
- Experience operating Windows Exchange 2010/2013/2016 Infrastructure a plus
- Experience Internet Information Server, Web, FTP, SMTP
- Experience working in a security compliant environment (HIPAA, PCI, NIST or ITAR). Plus if you have NIST or ITAR experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL-Server and client/server
- Experience with Powershell Scripting to Automate IT Functions
- Understanding of Veritas, Veeam or other Backup solutions.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS. Cisco switches and routers a plus
- Working knowledge of VMware, SRM a plus
- Working experience with Microsoft Visio a plus
- Working knowledge of remote users via VPN technologies, Cisco ASA VPN a plus
- Maintaining PBX system and upstream vendor relationships. Cisco CallManager a plus