POSITION: Project Manager
RATE: $40/hour range, DOE
DURATION: 6 month contract, potential to extend
Our client is searching for a mid-level Project Manager to join their team for a 6+ month contract. As a Project Manager, you will manage projects from inception through project close-out. The Project Manager leads teams of people to ensure project(s) are delivered on schedule and within budget, while satisfying agreed-upon customer requirements and specifications within the scope of the project. Responsible for the appropriateness, quality, and timeliness of all aspects of the project, manages the production of project estimates, develops project plan and schedule, establishes measures and milestones, and tracks ongoing progress, while proactively managing risks, issues, scope and human resources through the project life-cycle. Team player that delivers timely, accurate, and quality results.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and report project management activities in accordance with the Project Management Office policies and standards.
- Responsible for project outcomes through effective project planning, task definition, scope management, resource allocation and negotiation, risk mitigation, cost management, and stakeholder communication.
- Manage the overall project plan(s). Prepares and presents project plans and status reports to organizational leadership, project teams and client/customer groups.
- Define, collect and analyze metrics to ensure projects are on target.
- Presentation experience to all levels of management.
- 3-5 years of experience in or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificate in Project Management preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, mediate issues, develop solutions and implement a course of action.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) with a customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated success at meeting budget, timelines, and requirement targets and managing variances.
- Functional competencies include Budgeting, Change Management, Methodology Approach and Business Life Cycle, Planning and Organizational Skills, Thorough understanding of the project life-cycle.
- Ability to project milestones/deliverable delays and critical resource allocation issues from the work breakdown schedule.
- Skilled in the identification, assessment and contingency planning for risk factors.
** We are unable to accommodate corp to corp candidates **
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.