Senior System Engineer
Sr. Systems Engineer
Our Client is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer with a track record of delivering complex multi-vendor solutions from concept to market. You have in-depth experience in designing, configuring, and maintaining distributed IT services with a focus on ISR, Machine Learning/Object Detection, Sensor Fusion, Big Data Analytics, Situational Awareness/Understanding, and/or IoT.
This position involves working hands-on to develop products with a tight-knit, cross-functional engineering team in our Portland office. We’re developing solutions to enable compute and communications functions in tactical/man-portable form factors that were previously only possible in the datacenter. Our products are used by military, emergency responders, and forward-looking commercial enterprises worldwide.
- Evaluates technologies for inclusion in our Integrated Solutions
- Integrates technologies from 3rd parties with our technologies to create compelling demonstrations. 3rd party technologies may include hardware, software applications including ISR, big data, situational awareness and intelligence applications, virtual network functions, hypervisors, radios, video cameras and sensors, machine learning/AI infrastructure software, and other wireless transport technologies, other peripherals, and cybersecurity tools.
- Represent us with customers and partners as a subject matter expert in ISR, Sensors/IoT and while doing so, must be able to communicate complex technologies to all levels and backgrounds.
- This is a senior engineering position blending hands on engineering work with internal and external team collaboration while managing assigned task scheduling.
- Builds and executes basic test tools to assess performance
- Reviews technologies to assess if they can meet DoD requirements for interoperability, security
- Interfaces with technical staff from 3rd parties to resolve technical issues
- Conducts demos at trade shows, customer visits, and online
- Transitions technology to network engineering and QA departments, including training, handover, and assisting as needed.
- Under guidance from management, work with other departments to source assistance and expertise on existing company solutions.
- Develops and manages demonstration system development to hit schedule targets, reports on progress routinely. Identifies roadblocks or needed resources early to ensure schedule success.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5+ years Systems Engineering, Network Engineering, or IT experience required
- Must be capable of attaining at least a DoD Secret clearance.
- Experience with Virtualization, Storage, Network and Systems Integration
- Experience with streaming video (including encode/transcode) and surveillance equipment, wireless sensors/IoT, or ISR applications is required.
- Experience using AI/Machine Learning and big data applications and infrastructure for use cases like object recognition a strong plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Windows Server required
- Experience with Linux required
- Experience with PC hardware and troubleshooting required
- Experience with Networking Devices required (Switches, Routers and Firewalls)
- Experience with VMware vSphere (ESXi) in a production environment required
- Industry recognized certifications strongly desired:
- VMware VCP
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- Microsoft MCSE
- Security+, CISSP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent Professional that can perform job assignment with limited supervision
- Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds of test equipment at least 40 feet
- Attention to detail and quality orientation a must
** We are unable to accommodate corp to corp candidates **
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.