Marketing Project Coordinator
POSITION: Marketing Project Coordinator
RATE: $18-20/hour, DOE
DURATION: 3 month contract, potential to extend
Our client in the downtown Portland area is searching for a Marketing Project Coordinator for a 3-month contract! This person will perform project management activities under the direction of a manager. The Project Coordinator may assist with various project activities in support of project initiation, planning, execution, control and closing. This includes support of project schedules and budgets, cost tracking, status reporting, project communication, information gathering, coordination and facilitation of meetings, tracking and resolution of issues, and tracking risks and resources.
- Supports project management activities in accordance with the Marketing strategy.
- Supports the development and maintenance of project and program plans, including executing marketing plans as directed by the manager. This includes project schedules and budgets, and plans for project quality, resources, communications and risks.
- Assists with monitoring and controlling the execution of project tasks against the project plans
- Assists with the tracking and management of project costs, resources, issues, changes and risks.
- Supports the preparation of status reports and other project reports and presentation of information to organizational leadership, project teams and client/customer groups.
- Coordinates and facilitates project meetings, with the ability to own meetings as necessary – including setting agendas and generating follow-up notes/action under the supervision of a manager.
- Assists with the monitoring, quality assurance and reporting of project deliverables.
- Marketing Project Coordinator would have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field and 1 year of experience in supporting projects or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to manage small-to-medium, well-defined projects with minimum supervision.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Certificate or training in Project Management preferred.
- Experience in marketing a plus.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Strong communication skills.