Solutions Architect – Contract/Project Based
Our client is a leading provider of integrated solutions for advanced tactical communication systems worldwide, located in Portland, OR.
Our Client is looking for a business savvy, detail-oriented Solution Architect who has demonstrated experience planning, developing, and implementing large-scale projects while ensuring adherence to IT best practices. This person should have “full stack” enterprise IT competency with the ability to map technology solutions to business needs in both the data center and cloud environments.
**This position is temporary and anticipated to be a 90-day, Onsite assignment**
What it takes: You are adept at ensuring alignment with business drivers as well as troubleshooting mission-critical system issues. You approach challenges with a solution-oriented mindset and a track record of success.
- Partner with internal customers to translate business objectives into system requirements and define an enterprise-wide technology approach that consistently exceeds expectations
- Perform complete, end-to-end technology assessments and provide recommendations to maximize technology return on investment
- Provide technical advisory services from design, development and DevSecOps to internal customers
- Work closely with internal teams to continuously provide feedback for improvement
- Ensure alignment with compliance frameworks, security architecture standards and patterns
- Educate, train and provide guidance for best practices to key team members
- Identify and recommend mitigations to existing and future business risk associated with current and proposed changes to technology architecture
- Collaborate with other team members to develop budgets and timelines for solutions
- Function as the Application Owner [in accordance with industry best practices] for:
- Active Directory identity and access management [data center and cloud].
- Exchange email administration [data center and cloud].
- Enterprise Collaboration Tools Program [data center and cloud].
- System and Application Software performance management [data center and cloud].
- Telecommunications Environment [data center and cloud].
- Process Automation Initiatives [data center and cloud].
- Patch Management Program [data center and cloud].
- Vulnerability Management Program [data center and cloud].
- Enterprise Backup Program [data center and cloud].
- Maintenance and Operation Program [data center and cloud].
- Cloud IT Operations Program
- Atlassian “stack” Support Program [data center and cloud].
- 10+ years of enterprise IT experience.
- Experience with Windows Administration and Active Directory [data center and cloud].
- Experience with Exchange Server [data center and cloud].
- Experience with Azure hypervisor platform and MS 365 Saas products
- Experience with patching products like WSUS and SCCM
- Familiarity with administration of Veeam backup and Availability suite tools
- Experience working with compliance framework for security (HIPAA, PCI, NIST or ITAR).
- Ability to build positive relationships across multiple stakeholders, senior leadership team and department heads
- Clear and agile thinking and analysis that leads to win-win innovative solutions while delivering on-time and on budget
- Executive-level written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills
SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be able to self-organize workloads and manage all deadlines
- Maintain a “voice of the customer” based approach to assigned tasks
- Keep the leadership team informed and up to date on ongoing operational issues, blockers, and constraints.
- Drive tasks to completion with expected quality and quantity of work product
- Demonstrates a profound sense of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality-adhering to a core set of values in good times and in bad consistent with Company’ s vision and values.
- Performance requires physical attendance
- Other duties as assigned