IT Software Developer/Programmer 3 (9552)
Our client, a leading Pacific Northwest utility provider, is looking for a Software Developer/Programmer for their Vancouver, Washington location. This position assists in interpreting design specifications, technical design, coding software, following test and deployment procedures and complying with project documentation requirements. This involves working on a development team using a mix of development methodologies.
This position is a one-year contract with the opportunity to renew on an annual basis. It also includes employee benefits! If you think you would be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities of Software Developer /Programmer:
- Productively integrate with an existing Agile development team.
- Serve a critical role as a programmer on an existing XP based development team.
- Attend and participate in team meetings (design, iteration planning, stand-up, etc.).
- Apply existing standards, procedures, and practices as appropriate.
- Collaborate with software developers, testers, and users throughout the System Development Life Cycle.
- May also participate as a programmer on other teams in support of the business unit as needed.
- Provide emergency and backup support for existing systems and functions.
- With manager oversight and approval, provide support for ongoing projects.
- Produce required project technical documentation.
Requirements of Software Developer/Programmer:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a directly related field is preferred. With an applicable Bachelor degree, 8 years of experience is required. Without an applicable Bachelor degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience should include demonstrated software programming work experience in Computer Science/Information Technology and developing and implementing technology solutions.
- Experience with multiple programming languages.
- Demonstrated experience developing Ruby on Rails applications, Java and Web Services.
Source Control Systems (preferably Subversion), C# .NET, and CSS.
- Experience working in Agile development team (preferably XP based).
- System Administration experience, including understanding and experience applying object oriented programming principles and design patterns.
- Current experience practicing Test Driven Development
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and processes
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies/practices
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve performance problems at various layers of a system (application, database, server, network, etc.).
- Strong ability to quickly become familiar with existing systems and codebases
** We are unable to accommodate corp to corp candidates **
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.