IT Temporary Network Security Engineer (20-793)
Implements, administers, and/or monitors bank security systems and solutions that encompass perimeter defense, security operations, identity and access management, and incident response. Systems and processes may include, but are not limited to: Firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, content filtering, data loss prevention, vulnerability management, endpoint protection, network access control, security information and event management, identity governance and administration, single sign on, public key infrastructure, privileged account management, security monitoring, data analysis, alert tuning, and incident triage. Day to day tasks entail supporting, maintaining and enhancing technical controls to prevent, detect, or respond to cyber-security threats; comply with regulatory standards; or align to industry best practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for administering one or more of the following core enterprise security services: Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention System, Proxy, Mail Gateways, Data Loss Prevention, Denial of Service Protection, Network Access Control, Endpoint Protection Suite, Advanced Malware Prevention, Vulnerability Management, Security Information and Event Management, Identity Governance, Single Sign On, Public Key Infrastructure, or Privileged Account Management.
- Identify security gaps and control deficiencies as well as determine steps to mitigate findings.
- Requires continuous self-reflection and learning of soft/technical skills to accommodate constantly changing e-business and cyber-security landscape.
- Analyze security alerts and perform investigations, evidence collection, and analysis.
- Prepare technical and executive security reports and metrics.
- Coordinate across functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve service disruptions; requires participation in after-hours on-call rotation and after-hours ad-hoc incident resolution.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain a working knowledge of written policies and procedures regarding Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E- Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Associate, vocational or technical degree in information security preferred.
- Certification required: GSEC, GCIH, CHFI, CCNA, CIAM, Security+, CSA+ or equivalent.
- Prefer 5-8 years of information technology.
- Requires 1-3 years of information/cyber security experience.
- Demonstrated experience with administering enterprise services including client and server systems, security tools and applications, directory services, firewalls, IDS/IPS, security gateways, routers, and switches, required.
- Knowledge of operating system fundamentals, networking fundamentals, network protocols, web applications, and critical security controls.
- Knowledge of common attacker tactics and techniques.
- Knowledge of internal audit concepts and regulatory requirements (e.g. SOX, GLBA, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work though issues and obstacles with minimal guidance and coaching.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Proficient written/verbal communications skills.