PS - Operations Assistant
Our client is a Portland-based non-profit organization who aims on delivering excellent, equitable education to underserved children, their families, and their communities. Their mission is to eliminate prolific racial achievement and opportunity gaps by developing confident, creative, compassionate leaders through their charter school and programs. They are looking to bring on a dedicated Administrative Assistant to join their business operations team temporarily and support in areas of finance, facilities, human resources, and technology. If you are highly organized, have a close attention to detail, with a go-to mentality, then please apply!
- Support Overall Operational functions relating to Finance, Facilities, Human Resources, and Information Technology, including:
- Responsible for managing and tracking information and forms in multiple databases of all related communication via mailing, emails, fliers, and phone calls
- Compliance with School District, Government Agencies & Grantors: Support in tracking, submitting & documenting all deliverables to these entities, including (PPS Charter Deliverables)
- Support information technology, tracking and distribution of units amongst staff and students; email platform, and website
- Support site level procurement of supplies, materials, equipment, and inventory management
- Support successful completion of all necessary compliance reporting to the Local, State, Federal Government, and company stakeholders.
- Support safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
- Support all employee files; new hire paperwork; benefits; update required HR paperwork and data systems
- Creation and distribution of internal & community calendars of events/ happenings
- Assist with grant tracking and reporting
- Responsible for daily reconciliation of cash
- Responsible for facility support needs and communication
- Volunteers/ Ambassadors: record keeping & tracking onboarding/ application process, background checks, entering hours volunteered into database for reporting.
- Manage assigned projects, paying close attention to detail, following up regularly, meeting deadlines, and producing high-quality work
- Support office team as needed as back-up for phones, door entry, and student medications; as well as assisting families with lunches & patches request and collection of payments and donations
- 3+ years of administrative assisting is required.
- Ability to multi-task, with advanced organizational skills.
- Must be highly communicative, both verbal and written.
- Working within a non-profit organization prior is highly preferred.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.