IT - Vision Engineer
Since their inception, our client has been producing brilliant automation solutions. Four decades later, the market demand for automation combined with their world-class practices and cutting-edge technology has made them a leading provider in the field of automation.
Their continued mission is to be a Great Place to Work, with structured activities to interact across teams, develop your skills, make an impact, and celebrate wins! If you are considering a new opportunity, we encourage you to check this out.
The Vision Engineer is a challenging, high visibility position that will utilize your experience and skills and allow you to work with high-level automation technologies within a project team to develop cutting edge automation equipment. These systems include features such as:
- Custom Lighting & Optics
- High resolution imaging systems
- Multi-image Strobe in motion methodologies
- Sophisticated machine vision software
- 2D and 3D Laser Metrology
- Sub-micron PID Servo motion control
- 4 to 6-axis robot integration
- Develop detailed vision design specifications for assigned projects.
- Specify cameras, optics, and lighting for challenging vision applications.
- Collaborate in the design of custom optics and lighting solutions for challenging vision applications
- Use vision software tools to develop test and maintain complex vision applications.
- Implement state-of-the-art knowledge in vision design, testing techniques, and vision application development tools.
- Provide design guidelines, and detailed vision design specifications to other engineers.
- Assist in project schedule development.
- Suggest new and innovative approaches to solving complex vision and inspection problems.
- Interface with customers during development, reviews, buy-off, and installation phases.
- Participate as a team member to develop processes, procedures, and standards.
- Drive personal or company vehicle to customers’ facilities for project meetings, design reviews, start-up training, and follow-up review.
- Travel domestically/internationally for installation and support – approximately 10-20%.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Excellent Vision system applications skills (Cognex, Keyence, Halcon, OpenCV, Matrox)
- Vision system development skills (Camera, Lens, Laser and Lighting selection)
- Vision analysis skills (blob analysis, pattern matching, other vison tools)
- C#.NET/C++ programming skills (min 8 years of experience)
- Excellent usage of Version Control Software (GIT, VSS, Subversion, etc.).
- Ability to develop user specific GUIs.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries in a matrix organization.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes and motivate others to do the same.
- Sense of urgency to meet project schedules
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Use Microsoft software – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of current vehicle insurance.
- Requires domestic/international travel for installation and support.
- Must be eligible for or have a valid passport.
Your Education and Experience
- BSEE, BSME, or BSCS with manufacturing machine vision system design experience.
- 4+ years’ experience designing Machine Vision Systems (including image analysis methodology).
- 4+ years’ experience developing software using VB.NET, C#.NET, or C++.NET.
- Cognex VisionPro and Keyence Vision Editor Skills a plus.
- BSEE or BSCS with recent manufacturing programming experience.
- Experience with Machine Control, VB.net, C#.net, or C++.net.
** We are unable to accommodate corp to corp candidates **
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.