IT - Data Modeler Senior (B02449)
Fully Remote Senior Data Modeler/ETL Developer (Contract to Hire)
Our client, a leading health care company dedicated to revolutionizing the industry, is looking for a Senior Data Modeler for their Portland, OR location. This Sr. Data Modeler will join the Data Engineering team and work on building an Enterprise Data Strategy. Along with the Data Engineering team and business partners, the Sr. Data Modeler will work to provide data modeling and design services to a large organization for all data warehouse and data marts needs, as well as dive into the ETL Development. (70% Data modeling/30% ETL Development). The successful candidate will work with Architects, Information Security, Database Administrators and Project Managers to create solutions for Enterprise Data Strategy products - a large project designed to bring data into a common repository, and Data Marts needed for specific business units.
This position is a FULLY REMOTE contract to hire position and candidates local to the Portland area will receive first consideration. If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Senior Data Modeler Requirements:
- Advanced experience in ETL Development (specifically with Snowflake)
- Advanced knowledge of data modeling concepts including OLTP/3NF, Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design/Dimensional Modeling, and/or Data Vault, Canonical model
- Advanced experience with Data modeling tools (e.g., ERWin, ER/Studio, IBM Data Architect)
- Advanced experience with SQL and relational databases (Commercial dbms such as Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) and at least one distributed database (Redshift, Netezza, Teradata)
- Good understanding of information security to model data in such a way as to protect data from those not authorized to see it
- Hands on experience with creating Conceptual Data Models, Logical Data Models, Physical Data Models, Data Flow Diagrams and other Data Management artifacts
- Understanding of the different data storage/access models (transactional, data staging, operational data store, data warehouse, data mart, data federation
- Prior experience with a health care payer Member, Claim, and Actuarial data models is preferred.
- Experience in AWS, Azure, or other cloud ecosystems preferred (but not required)
- Certified in one of the following or comparable experience: CBIP (Certified Business Intelligence Professional) from TDWI, CDMP (Certified Data Management Professional) from DAMA preferred
- Experience in data management principles such as Metadata management, Data governance and Data quality preferred
- Experience with at least one programming language such as Python
- Experience with Agile methodologies
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.